Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m starting to plan out my build for tuning my 18 WRX and wasn’t sure what exactly I should all get. I’m looking at stage 2/2+ For power and ofcourse will get a custom tune for the car once I have everything

Start with off the Cobb access port ofcourse. GrimmSpeed intake
Do I want a the GrimmSpeed 3 port electronic boost control solenoid? It ispart of there stage 2 package

Then it gets to exhaust. I hear good things about the ETS turbo back but then there’s the Invidia N1 with a invidia downpipe for 1000$ less. Is the ETS really worth the extra money or should I just go with the ETS downpipe and then invidia N1 catback to go along with it

So those are the main things needed but now here are some extras, what are you’re thoughts on a external waste gate and also getting a bov. If I’m getting a tune should I just get these along with it.

Last thing is a upgraded TMIC but I’m not sure if that’s nessasary for a stage 2 tune at this point in time.

I’m not to worried about warranty anymore, I’m waiting until the car hits 15k abouts so make sure there’s no factory problems. I still have warranty other then power terrain so pay to play I guess.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'd recommend talking to the tuner before buying anything and go with his advice. I did that before I went with doing any performance mods and now put down about 280whp/320wtq with a sort of stage 2 level of mods. I gave my tuner my budget, my desired performance goals, and he helped me put together a list of mods to get the most out of it. I'm running TGV/EGR deletes, Grimmspeed catted j-pipe, and Cobb catback. I'm very happy with the level of power my car is making and I saved a fair bit of cash by not getting "unnecessary" parts. According to my tuner, an intake really isn't necessary till you start getting close to 400hp and he feels the stock boost control is sufficient for my power levels. A BOV is just a noise maker and the stock BPV is better due to the way the air flow is metered.

Now that I've hit my desired performance goals, my next "mods" will be driver-centered with HPDE courses and some track time with a friend who is an instructor with the local Porsche club. I may get a Grimmspeed charge pipe and TMIC to deal with harder driving in summer heat. I'll be installing a IAG AOS next as a preventative mod.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts