ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I went stage 2 MAPerformance OTS tune and I removed the restrictor pill. And yes before you ask I did remove the right pill 100%. The “T” with the black sleeve on it.

The problem is when I would full throttle through gears and or sometimes around 50% acceleration or so the boost would max out all the way like 21-23psi and then fluctuate.

When going through the gears their would sometimes be hesitation in the boost. As in fluctuations even mid way when not maxed out. Does anyone know why this is happening?

For example 3rd to 4th let’s just say it would pull hard then kinda give up then wanna pull again. Just so much fluctuations and overboost. Anyone know why this is happening?? I put the pill back in and now it runs perfectly fine. So why would I have to leave mine in? I don’t understand.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Why did you pull out the restrictor pill???
If you didn't replace the ebcs with 3 port one you shouldn't have take it out.

Sent from somewhere.....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why did you pull out the restrictor pill???
If you didn't replace the ebcs with 3 port one you shouldn't have take it out.

Sent from somewhere.....
Because that’s literally what COBB and MAPerformance say you need to do when you go stage 2. Is remove the secondary restrictor pill.

·
Premium Member
10,934 Posts
You'll probably peak that high and then the boost will drop back to what ever the map target is.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That’s a good question. I would think boost target would be 17-19 bc 21-23 seems way too high. Maxes out the boost gauge on the head dash display. And doesn’t fully wanna pull all the way through gears. It has hesitation. I have a video but can upload here

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Their response was “there are 2 pills maybe you removed the wrong one” and I know I didn’t

·
Premium Member
10,934 Posts
No, I mean what is the tunes target boost. Maperformance doesn't tell you? You've obviously got an AP do you have any logs

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, I mean what is the tunes target boost. Maperformance doesn't tell you? You've obviously got an AP do you have any logs
This is my first subie so I’ve never done any logs. And I’ll have to ask about it. Most likely won’t respond until Monday. I’m learning all of this as I go. I just get the tune, upload it and that’s it. Stage 1 to stage 1+ both worked fine stage 2 with that pill has been my only issue

·
Registered
33 Posts
You shouldn’t have pulled pill unless you went with 3 port ebcs.

I had a Map tune and it was terrible. Caused the DAM to crash and the car ran terrible.

I’m stage 3 now with grimmspeed intake, charge pipe, Intercooler, ebcs, and jpipe. Had it e-tuned by Brentune. Could not be happier

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You shouldn’t have pulled pill unless you went with 3 port ebcs.

I had a Map tune and it was terrible. Caused the DAM to crash and the car ran terrible.

I’m stage 3 now with grimmspeed intake, charge pipe, Intercooler, ebcs, and jpipe. Had it e-tuned by Brentune. Could not be happier
Yeah I put the pill back in and everything is fine. I’m thinking about buying the Perrin EBCS and going to go get a pro tune and be done with it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Personally I’m not a fan of perrin. I’d go with grimmspeed or cobb ebcs and no off the shelf maps. Brentune was amazing to deal with. Excellent tuner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts