ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:sadwave: So ive reached a cross roads. I have been shopping around looking at going stage 2 and i have came up with 2 options::

1. perrin stage 2 package
-down pipe
-CBE
-accessport

OR

-invidia N1 cat back
-invidia downpipe
-protune
(btw anyone know any good shops in denver?)

so my real question is which one would be better as far as performance? what would YOU put on your car?

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Protune is better. Where's Kevin to give the info on the 2 good shops we have around here? I could search but I'm lazy. He posted them not too long ago.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Custom tune, hands down. Off the shelf maps (Perrin or Cobb) don't do well at altitude, boost can be instable.

You can also get a custom tune made for the AP, if you like the idea of the AP; but a custom, open source tune, would yield the same results for less money.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
Doesn't the AP facilitate the Protune?
It can if it's from cobb. I'm not sure if you could load a romraider tune or not...maybe Donkey will chime in here...

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
I'm just say "Protune" in the Cobb sense. As opposed to a "pro tune".

·
8,921 Posts
I'm just say "Protune" in the Cobb sense. As opposed to a "pro tune".
Got it...I'd rather go open source anyway...I don't want to have to trailer my car all the way to Plano, TX just for a tune. My local guy does amazing work and is about half the price of Cobb.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I would mix up your 2 choices. Get the Perrin tbe (dp + catback) and then a protune. I absolutely LOVE this exhaust. Out of maybe a dozen or so exhausts I've had on my cars over the years, the Perrin is easily my #1.

·
8,921 Posts
I would mix up your 2 choices. Get the Perrin tbe (dp + catback) and then a protune. I absolutely LOVE this exhaust. Out of maybe a dozen or so exhausts I've had on my cars over the years, the Perrin is easily my #1.
I like my APS...and for the price...you cant beat it :)

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
It can if it's from cobb. I'm not sure if you could load a romraider tune or not...maybe Donkey will chime in here...
Protunes can be loaded onto APs so long as the tuner has the Cobb software that allows for it.

When I got tuned, it got loaded onto the AP and I could still change maps all I wanted.

·
8,921 Posts
Protunes can be loaded onto APs so long as the tuner has the Cobb software that allows for it.

When I got tuned, it got loaded onto the AP and I could still change maps all I wanted.
Did he load it with more low?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts