ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 WRX sedan, with a few aesthetic mods and stage 2. I'm looking into more engine mods but I'm not sure what route to go now. I've tried to find information on stage 3 but there doesn't seem to be any consistency with what I read. So I'm thinking front mount intercooler, new fuel injectors and pump, electronic boost control solenoid, tgv and egr deletes, and then a bigger turbo. I've improved the air and exhaust, fuel system seems like the next step.

Does this seem like the right next steps for HP?

Thanks so much.

·
Premium Member
10,557 Posts
I have a 2017 WRX sedan, with a few aesthetic mods and stage 2. I'm looking into more engine mods but I'm not sure what route to go now. I've tried to find information on stage 3 but there doesn't seem to be any consistency with what I read. So I'm thinking front mount intercooler, new fuel injectors and pump, electronic boost control solenoid, tgv and egr deletes, and then a bigger turbo. I've improved the air and exhaust, fuel system seems like the next step.

Thanks so much.
New fuel injectors and pump for what? It's direct injection. I'd venture the injectors are probably close to 300 a pop for factory and more for anything performance. So after 1200 for injectors you'll have nothing performance wise besides a slight weight advantage from the hole in your wallet.

Stage whatever is marketing. I've heard it all as a million different things. It's non important and I would pay zero attention to it. Or make your own stage up. My wrx was stage 11.

With what you are talking about doing your next step is to find a shop that specializes in building performance Subarus and talk with them about your goals. Front mount intercoolers have advantages, but I don't like the additional time it takes for pressure to build in all that extra piping.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Thanks so much.

This is a pretty solid breakdown of various parts and the hp output. I agree with the previous post and the best bet is to find a great tuner and go over the pro’s/con’s of each part and if its really needed. In many cases you could opt not to do a certain part and use that money for a better mod that will yield you more hp.

·
Premium Member
10,557 Posts

This is a pretty solid breakdown of various parts and the hp output. I agree with the previous post and the best bet is to find a great tuner and go over the pro’s/con’s of each part and if its really needed. In many cases you could opt not to do a certain part and use that money for a better mod that will yield you more hp.
That article talks about e85 blends. Considering the high pressure fuel pump is not ethanol compatible that's a bold suggestion. That pump isn't cheap, although you may get some life out of it at E60 it's drastically going to be shortened.
thank you for all the info!
Talk to your tuner and engine builder. Dont worry about someone else's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts