ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have been looking throught the form and I noticed a lot of talk about stage two and I am unsure what that means (newbie). I used to be big into bikes, but now wanted to get into cars. For Sweetiest day I picked up myself a new 2011 wrx. It came with the SPT catback exhaust and short throw shifter. I want to get more vroom! I was thinking about an air intake, but I am unsure what to get. I just spent about 2 hours of reading about how they are good / bad. I was thinking about the AEM or Cobb. I was also thinking about getting an Accessport and eventually a down and up pipe. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Admiral Ackbar the 1st
15,697 Posts
Stage II is a downpipe and a stage II map - either Cobb or opensource are the common options. Opensource is the cheaper and in many ways better route. Only do an intake if it is specifically listed in the map notes or if you have a custom tune done for it.

Welcome to the club :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for clearing that up. I don't really know anything about opensource is there a good way to put that on or do I have to go to a shop for the tune? My car is relatively new and i have a warranty and i don't want to void it, but i have a really cool dealership that I don't think will hate it, but i don't want to throw codes or run into issues with modding and blowing up my engine.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up. I don't really know anything about opensource is there a good way to put that on or do I have to go to a shop for the tune? My car is relatively new and i have a warranty and i don't want to void it, but i have a really cool dealership that I don't think will hate it, but i don't want to throw codes or run into issues with modding and blowing up my engine.
If you do power modifications and you have an issue...LARGE chance that they will void or refuse to do any repairs. Thats the chance you take though.

Of course I mean if you have powertrain issues, not something else that isn't related to you adding more power.

·
Admiral Ackbar the 1st
15,697 Posts
You can also check out our stage packages which will help you save some cash when you decide to get an Accessport:

Subaru Impreza/WRX/STI : Kronos Performance, Leading since 6th Century BC
I like the "when you decide" line, that is an excellent persuasion technique. Seriously, very subtle and nicely done.

I just feel if you are going to spend that much on a tuning product it should be supported the lifetime of the car. My original one expired a long time ago and my car is better than ever without it.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
I like the "when you decide" line, that is an excellent persuasion technique. Seriously, very subtle and nicely done.

I just feel if you are going to spend that much on a tuning product it should be supported the lifetime of the car. My original one expired a long time ago and my car is better than ever without it.
lol thank you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts