ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got finished with my stage 2. I went with a invidia catted dp. I'm just wondering what my afr should be. Its a 2011 wrx. Its reading around 14.2/14.5 at idle and boost is around 19 psi at wot.the guy set the shop said not to worry but I still do lol

UPDATE: at wot my afr is deadlocked on 11.0

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Thats fine for idle, 14.3 : 1 is stioch. You should be more concerned about what it is at WOT.

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
Is this reading with a wideband sensor? Only truly rely on a wideband o2 reading for this. OE sensors and/or cheap narrowband gauges are worthless for tuning applications.

No-load situations (cruising speed, idle, etc.) mid 14s are normal and fine, depending on altitude. At WOT you want it around mid 11s or a tad lower. Anything higher and you're starting to lean it out which can result in catastrophe. I always shot for 11.2-11.5. You can push to a 12 or so, only if you're adding meth -injection.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Without a wideband O2 you won't get a very accurate reading
Stock 02 sensor + boost + far away from 14.7 = you'll never know

In the newer cars they are fairly accurate otherwise - albeit unusually slow to react to transients in my experience.

Otherwise, I agree with what's been said. I aim for 11 afr for some safety. Anything under 11.5 should be good in my opinion.

You said 19psi at WOT... I'd assume that's in the midrange rpms? Or all the way through redline? Boost is very rpm dependent - as the engine is pulling in air every rotation.. the more rotations the more air the small stock turbo has to supply. Too much air... and the turbo loses its efficiency and you have a glorified hairdryer.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That sounds good to me.. a little on the rich side, which is right where you want to be unless you're trying to squeeze every last ounce out of it at the expense of safety.
yeah thats what dale at boxer 4 told me. He said between 11.0/11.5 is average. So im not to worried now. Thanks guys

1 - 12 of 12 Posts