ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys....I want to go stage 1 on my 07 sti...But i have the power pack install..thats the spt intake with spt exhaust...now i remember that on my 04 when i went stage 2 it called out for stock intake..now is this gonna be a prob? with the spt intake..i couldnt find anyinfo on the cobb site..

Thanks

·
Registered
327 Posts
hey guys....I want to go stage 1 on my 07 sti...But i have the power pack install..thats the spt intake with spt exhaust...now i remember that on my 04 when i went stage 2 it called out for stock intake..now is this gonna be a prob? with the spt intake..i couldnt find anyinfo on the cobb site..

Thanks
Best to ask the folks at Cobb, the big thing is the intake, and I have a 07 WRX and they said stage 1 it should be ok with the SPT intake, but they wouldn't say 100% that it would

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Best to ask the folks at Cobb, the big thing is the intake, and I have a 07 WRX and they said stage 1 it should be ok with the SPT intake, but they wouldn't say 100% that it would

so did you end up flashing..

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Many users have used the SPT intake with the AP. To go StageII, you'll need an aftermarket (less restrictive) downpipe. StageI you should be fine.

Contacting Cobb would be your best bet (just to be sure), but as I said, many people have used the SPT intake with the AP with no issues.

·
Registered
0 Posts
iirc on the map notes it said u can use a cobb or spt intake

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
You have a few options with the 07's as they are a different beast.

Cobb all but said the SPT is fine for their maps. I think from a business standpoint they didnt want to say the SPT was fine as they sell their own intake and that wouldnt make much sense.

I'd make sure you do some datalogging with your AP1 once you get it and flash the v 1.03 map.

Tactrix cable for 80 bucks allows you to keep track of what the crappy tune on the 07 is doing.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I would also take a look at Gabe's stage 1 at xpttuning.com. He says the cat back and a panel filter are ok. You'll have to get a tactrix cable to log anyway, so might as well try his map while you're at it since its free.

it is significantly more aggressive than Cobb's map (mass air flow numbers in the 270-280g/s range), but all the logs in the 96 pages of his map's thread look quite safe.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would also take a look at Gabe's stage 1 at xpttuning.com. He says the cat back and a panel filter are ok. You'll have to get a tactrix cable to log anyway, so might as well try his map while you're at it since its free.

it is significantly more aggressive than Cobb's map (mass air flow numbers in the 270-280g/s range), but all the logs in the 96 pages of his map's thread look quite safe.
sounds good guys thanks gonna check it out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts