ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm rather new to modifying cars so bear with me if I lack the correct vocab. I have an '11 WRX and just installed the Cobb Intake and flashed the ECU for Stage 1+93. I drove it a decent amount today to test out the feel and the acceleration seems slower. Anyone else experience this? It may just be me overanalyzing everything but it just seems like the car rides "heavy" when accelerating.

Thoughts?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Without datalogs, we can't tell you for sure. That said, the powerband is smoother than before, so it may feel slower, while actually being faster.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Since you just did a flash the car is likely still in learning mode where all the parameters are readjusting to you and the environment. I know when I pull the battery cable to reset the ecu it drives slow/unresponsive for a day or two and then it perks up. Search for ECU learn procedure to read about how to speed up the relearning process. I think in a few days time you will see the full benefit of stage 1.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
How many miles and what type of driving since the flash?

Did you get the airbox with the intake? If not, you're losing and not gaining power.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts