ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I soon will be getting a 07 wrx and plan on going stage 2 with protune from Wicked Innovation within a week of purchase. My buddy has a 2011 Civic si with all the bolt-ons and hondata. I know stage 2 hawkeye would take it, however he is talking about supercharging it now. Will a Stage 2 protuned hawkeye still win, if not what else would i need to upgrade hahaha... THANKS for the help! :wave:

·
Cheeky Bastage!
2,730 Posts
Just took a hop over to a random civic forum; stage2 sc SIs are running 13.0-13.5s on street tires. Im gonna guess that your car will still be quicker...but you should go to the track, and let us know what happens.

Friends don't let friends race in school zones :thumbup:

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just took a hop over to a random civic forum; stage2 sc SIs are running 13.0-13.5s on street tires. Im gonna guess that your car will still be quicker...but you should go to the track, and let us know what happens.

Friends don't let friends race in school zones :thumbup:
Thanks for the advice! ;P
Also, i thought the sc si puts down roughly 350whp? guess not haha Thanks for researching it though!

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Also, i thought the sc si puts down roughly 350whp? guess not haha Thanks for researching it though!
iirc supercharger kits for my rsx-s (similar engine) generally only would add somewhere around 40-80 hp, which is still no small amount for a light car. To get one of those engines to be putting 350 to the wheels I would think you'd need extensive supporting mods. Very extensive. Not to mention the fun of putting that extra power to the ground in a FWD car.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
iirc supercharger kits for my rsx-s (similar engine) generally only would add somewhere around 40-80 hp, which is still no small amount for a light car. To get one of those engines to be putting 350 to the wheels I would think you'd need extensive supporting mods. Very extensive. Not to mention the fun of putting that extra power to the ground in a FWD car.
As of now he has stage 2 cluctch, 11lbs flywheel, hondata(protuned), full exhaust, intake, tbs. He is looking at the CT stage 2 sc that comes with 550cc injectors.
That would be a definite advantage though is having awhp vs whp. haha. Most of our runs will be on EMPTY highways probably 50mph roles.

·
Cheeky Bastage!
2,730 Posts
could be, but hp isnt the only thing that wins races. You have to look into weight, ability to get off the line, driver, and lots of other factors

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
could be, but hp isnt the only thing that wins races. You have to look into weight, ability to get off the line, driver, and lots of other factors
True, he is a good driver, real good at shifts. Most of the pulls will be from 50mph or more. Thanks though :)

·
The Default One
4,489 Posts
As of now he has stage 2 cluctch, 11lbs flywheel, hondata(protuned), full exhaust, intake, tbs. He is looking at the CT stage 2 sc that comes with 550cc injectors.
That would be a definite advantage though is having awhp vs whp. haha. Most of our runs will be on EMPTY highways probably 50mph roles.
You shouldn't run races on the streets. Especially, Fromaroll runs. He's got near as much HP, less weight, two less drive wheels to lug around and no traction issues.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As of yesterday he changed his mind and will be sticking with a stage 1 ct sc. Me and him drive 120mi a day so we need them reliable.

·
Æternum
20,599 Posts
A stage II hawk eye may be able to run mid 13s, but it will be from a Pro-tune and a good driver. Expect high 13s from an OTS and a standard driver.

You shouldn't run races on the streets. Especially, Fromaroll runs. He's got near as much HP, less weight, two less drive wheels to lug around and no traction issues.
Agreed. Please keep the races off the street. We don't need to continue to color the world's perception of WRX owners.

·
Cheeky Bastage!
2,730 Posts
A stage II hawk eye may be able to run mid 13s, but it will be from a Pro-tune and a good driver. Expect high 13s from an OTS and a standard driver.
damn you and your infinite knowledge!!! lol

·
turbo juice
112 Posts
Agreed. Please keep the races off the street. We don't need to continue to color the world's perception of WRX owners.
Not to mention you could lose control and die...or even worse kill someone and live wit it:whoa: :seriously:

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Most of the pulls will be from 50mph or more.
You should take it to a track. Besides, without a doubt the wrx will be faster off the line than a 50mph pull. There's nothing wrong with having some fun with the car, just be safe about it. Tracks are cheap enough that it's not worth endangering lives.

are some of you serious? sure he didn't buy it to put around in haha. just be smart about racing, dont exceed speed limit, just find out who has more pull through the gears.
You are ridiculous. There is SO much wrong with this I don't even know where to begin.....I wish I could deduct more rep from you for this post.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts