Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Moderating on the run!
7,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Tirerack (Luke) is "strongly" considering offering the SSR competitions in 16X7 w/ a 50mm offset. The rims will weigh in under 11.5 lbs. He's talking about ~$299.00/wheel. That's well below the other good light wheels (Volk, Advan, Racinghart CP05).

If you have any interest in a light 16" wheel it would probably be worthwhile letting Luke or the Tirerack know.

Big Sky WRX

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
I think 17s in the 48mm offset is a good buy becuase you get a little better handling and it's only about 2 more lbs per rim.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am strongly considering the SSR 17's from tirerack. I am going to be buying rims some time later this winter. What does volk and racinghart offer for us? i know that both volk and racinghart will be a bit more but are they any lighter or have any other advantages that the SSR's don't? thanks Jim

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I don't know anything about the racinghart wheels, but God explained to me that the Volk's are forged wheels and are light and very strong. The SSR comps are semi-solid forged and he said the 17" would be fine on crappy roads, but he would stay away from 18" with the SSRs. Volk wheels are pretty expensive compared to SSR, but they are beautiful and extreme tough.
I'll probably be going with 17x7.5" SSR comps for my car in the spring.

-Jim

·
Moderating on the run!
7,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The SSR comps are as light as the Racinghart CP05s in 17X7.5, both weigh in at ~13.0 lbs. The SSR comp in 17 weighs slightly less than the Volk TE37 at ~14.5 lbs.

The CP035 and TE37 are both forged wheels as God has mentioned while the SSR is semi-forged. All should be good strong, light wheels. The SSR is about $100 less per wheel, than Racinghart or Volk.

Choices, choices.

Big Sky WRX

1 - 5 of 5 Posts