ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok here is another question if there is not a reciculation kit for the hks bov . i was reading that you can plug the hole..will this make the car run the same as if i was running a recirculation kit? thanks for all your help

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Yes they do make a recirculating kit, I have the piece for it but then I got talked out of BOV's and never installed it...when I get home from work I'll take a picture of the piece.

And no if you "plug a hole" it won't work like recirculating...there needs to be a tube directing air coming off the bov for the ecu to measure, only then will it be "recirculating."

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks SERacing do you remember were you got it? and you siad it is for the hks ssqbox right? thanks again
Wrek

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Theres a part on the bov that basically is open...its bullet shaped, and at the end theres a hole where the air passes out of. Now the piece I have goes into that hole and you put a piece of hose around it and it acts just like the stock bypass valve.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Not loud at all...will just make an echoing sound. Don't know how to explain it...I posted a link awhile ago from an Evo with the Recirc kit on it. W/o its a loud "shreek/whistle" and w/is a fluttering sound. I personally like it recirculating.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts