ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was checking out the ssac tmic on their site and all it shows is the intercooler, no new y-pipe or anything. so do you need a new y-pipe with this tmic or can you use you stock one?

steve

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
you need a new y pipe.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
you need a new y pipe.
+1...

I ordered one of the Y-pipes off ebay (since I got the IC off a buddy), and it just arrived today. So my SSAC TMIC is going on my car tonight.

I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah definitely keep me updated on how it goes meng.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
That they do...

I bought mine off a friend so he didn't have the Y-Pipe. So I got one off ebay. The fit wasn't the best, but it was tight and worked. I had to trim the silicone part of the Y-Pipe because it was too long and the Throttle body coupler wouldn't line up. THAT was a pain in the ass trying to wrestle with that. I went a night thinking I was gonna blow my TMIC off the intake because it wasn't tight, so I didn't drive it. Came back the next day after work and did some trimming and then lined it up, bolted in.

I did NOT have to move any AC Lines in my 07. Other years may be different though. The mounting brackets also lined up perfectly despite what other people have said.

I think I may need to trim the hood scoop lining though for better air flow. The hood also borderline touches the back side of the IC...

Overall I am happy though...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts