ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Best race yet, as i was going to work, i zoomed by a bimmer but didn't pay much attention to it. As i'm driving, i see the blue lights coming up on my tail, so i slow down to about 70ish and notice he's gonna do a fly by. I down shift to 4th and thinking I'm gonna pull away, and hear the wine of the SC as he passed me, but only got about 2 cars on me to about 100mph.

So we wait for an opening and slow down to about 65, do the 3 honk, and off we go. He stayed at my bumper the whole time up 130mph with me slightly pulling and shut down. DAMN that SC is intimidating and sounds beautiful!!! So I ask him to pull over cuz I wanna see his car and make sure he was driving right. Turns out to be A Totaly awesome guy who also owns a 04 M3 and has his own Shop in Duarte, CA. Where is Duarte? He mainly deals with Bimmers, Mercedes, Audi's, basically European cars. He also specialies in Kansai Extec Xenon lights from Japan, I think thats what they are called, but he said they are top of the line and can get them installed for me at $450.

He said my car was fast, and said he dyno'ed at 310 to the wheels w the SC, not sure what else he had. He also mentioned the M3 would be much better with a 6sp, which i indeed believe. Awesome silver m3 with the Big Brembo's back and front w/red calipers, lowered, total sleeper . He said he's on bimmer forums, so i hope to see him post also to back up my story. Call all the BS yall want, but this really went down, no lies here.

·
Registered
342 Posts
i wont call bs just because i have no idea what you have....but stock, im sure you arent...

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
A while back I ran a sc E36 M3. Dam thing sounded like a fighter jet. I had no clue what his whp was.
Dig>killled him.
2nd gear roll>put about one car on him up to 100.
3rd gear roll> We stayed even until I shifted into 4th. Had about a car until 100.
I was bone stock.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
TurboWill said:
A while back I ran a sc E36 M3. Dam thing sounded like a fighter jet. I had no clue what his whp was.
Dig>killled him.
2nd gear roll>put about one car on him up to 100.
3rd gear roll> We stayed even until I shifted into 4th. Had about a car until 100.
I was bone stock.
you sure he was s/c'ed:confused1
If he really was, he was either VERY poorly tuned, or was not running a s/c. With a s/c his 1/4 times would be right around yours (mid 13's) with a very basic setup. If he was tuned at running most supporting mods he should have passed you in second gear. also, the roll part is what really gets me.. Stock EVO doesnt have bad top end, but in stock form it should not be anywhere near good enough to pull on a s/c E36 M3 from 2nd or 3rd gear.

I am not calling you a liar, but either his car was in really bad shape tuning wise, or he was not s/c'ed.

SRT THIS said:
Best race yet, as i was going to work, i zoomed by a bimmer but didn't pay much attention to it. As i'm driving, i see the blue lights coming up on my tail, so i slow down to about 70ish and notice he's gonna do a fly by. I down shift to 4th and thinking I'm gonna pull away, and hear the wine of the SC as he passed me, but only got about 2 cars on me to about 100mph.

So we wait for an opening and slow down to about 65, do the 3 honk, and off we go. He stayed at my bumper the whole time up 130mph with me slightly pulling and shut down. DAMN that SC is intimidating and sounds beautiful!!! So I ask him to pull over cuz I wanna see his car and make sure he was driving right. Turns out to be A Totaly awesome guy who also owns a 04 M3 and has his own Shop in Duarte, CA. Where is Duarte? He mainly deals with Bimmers, Mercedes, Audi's, basically European cars. He also specialies in Kansai Extec Xenon lights from Japan, I think thats what they are called, but he said they are top of the line and can get them installed for me at $450.

He said my car was fast, and said he dyno'ed at 310 to the wheels w the SC, not sure what else he had. He also mentioned the M3 would be much better with a 6sp, which i indeed believe. Awesome silver m3 with the Big Brembo's back and front w/red calipers, lowered, total sleeper . He said he's on bimmer forums, so i hope to see him post also to back up my story. Call all the BS yall want, but this really went down, no lies here.
what are you mods? with kill like this you should post what you have done.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
bigwrxguy said:
what are your mods.
if his profile/info is up to date, this is it:

AGP Wastegate Actuator Set at 15psi till Redline, K&N Typoon intake, Nology HotWire Spark Plug Wires, Greddy Oil Catch Can

i'd have to think there's more than that, but i don't know.

i <3 m3's

·
Registered
244 Posts
I am confused....doesnt a M3 put 333 down to the wheels stock?

or is that to the crank?

anyway....good race...cant wait to take one on

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
skullguy said:
I am confused....doesnt a M3 put 333 down to the wheels stock?

or is that to the crank?

anyway....good race...cant wait to take one on
crank. and thats the new one. older one was 240 hp

·
Registered
244 Posts
Well he did say it was a 04....so it must be the 333 at crank then....i thought you would get more hp to the wheels with those on a sc'r.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
skullguy said:
Well he did say it was a 04....so it must be the 333 at crank then....i thought you would get more hp to the wheels with those on a sc'r.
SRT THIS said:
Turns out to be A Totaly awesome guy who also owns a 04 M3
thread title...98 m3. thats the older one. 240 hp stock. so assuming 20% drivetrain loss, around 190 whp. he dynoed at 310 whp. difference of 120 whp. i'd say thats a LOT of power. :wiggles:

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Props, but no offense, i dont thikn it was S/C'ed. M3's have the best gearing of all german cars

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
what's with the none believers? we all know the srt is the fastest car EVA!. no seriously though. the hp/weight ratio alone on both to compare is quite close. now pending on auto/mt in the bmw and how both cars were feeling/being driven that day lots can happen. now if he was talking about a 03 cobra then that's a differnt story. 300whp compared to 260ish isn't that far off. what's the bmw weight 3200ish compared to 3000?

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
2004NeonSRT4 said:
what's with the none believers? we all know the srt is the fastest car EVA!. no seriously though. the hp/weight ratio alone on both to compare is quite close. now pending on auto/mt in the bmw and how both cars were feeling/being driven that day lots can happen. now if he was talking about a 03 cobra then that's a differnt story. 300whp compared to 260ish isn't that far off. what's the bmw weight 3200ish compared to 3000?
Either way, a s/c M3 is going to be making more HP than his mods claim (unless his profile is not up to date)... more HP + better gearing + topend advantage = s/c bimmer > srt4
not to mention the race went upto 130mph... thats especially where the bimmer will start to open up :eek3:

who knows though, he might have more mods than his profile claims

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
True

DTR rex said:
you sure he was s/c'ed:confused1
If he really was, he was either VERY poorly tuned, or was not running a s/c. With a s/c his 1/4 times would be right around yours (mid 13's) with a very basic setup. If he was tuned at running most supporting mods he should have passed you in second gear. also, the roll part is what really gets me.. Stock EVO doesnt have bad top end, but in stock form it should not be anywhere near good enough to pull on a s/c E36 M3 from 2nd or 3rd gear.

I am not calling you a liar, but either his car was in really bad shape tuning wise, or he was not s/c'ed.

what are you mods? with kill like this you should post what you have done.
Sorry about that those were my first mods when I first joined here and have'nt updated them since, my Mods are BDJ's Dump Style Turbo Back E. w/out cats, AGP Wastegate Actuator Set at 15-16psi till Redline, K&N CAI, STS, Stg 1 Injectors only, no ECU, and Nology HotWire Spark Plug Wires and running about 94-95 Octane, mixed 6gl of 91 and 6gl of 100 oct.. I use to have more but sold them to save for Stg 3 :thumbup:

I was running the full Stg 1, then went with the E-Manage and E-01 EBC. Way better then stg 1 and 2 IMO. Maybe the power I ran in the car before stayed :D The M3 was SC, the SC was all the way in the front of the engine on the driver side. I also noticed an Exhaust, unless it was stock, but it was a chrome one sided dual exh.

I was shocked myself to beat him after I saw first hand it was SC, but after he told me he owns his own shop and drives an 04 M3 aswell, a figured this guy should know how to drive, plus the wheater was in the low 50's. Cali is getting chilly, and I noticed my car likes the cold alot, unless it's just me.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
SRT THIS said:
Sorry about that those were my first mods when I first joined here and have'nt updated them since, my Mods are BDJ's Dump Style Turbo Back E. w/out cats, AGP Wastegate Actuator Set at 15-16psi till Redline, K&N CAI, STS, Stg 1 Injectors only, no ECU, and Nology HotWire Spark Plug Wires and running about 94-95 Octane, mixed 6gl of 91 and 6gl of 100 oct.. I use to have more but sold them to save for Stg 3 :thumbup:

I was running the full Stg 1, then went with the E-Manage and E-01 EBC. Way better then stg 1 and 2 IMO. Maybe the power I ran in the car before stayed :D The M3 was SC, the SC was all the way in the front of the engine on the driver side. I also noticed an Exhaust, unless it was stock, but it was a chrome one sided dual exh.

I was shocked myself to beat him after I saw first hand it was SC, but after he told me he owns his own shop and drives an 04 M3 aswell, a figured this guy should know how to drive, plus the wheater was in the low 50's. Cali is getting chilly, and I noticed my car likes the cold alot, unless it's just me.
I believe you man. Anything can happen on the streets. Also, it doesn't take a good driver to race from a roll. Nice kill....

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Very Nice

WiCkeDrEx said:
I wonder how an SC M3 sound like.
When we were racing, I could only here his wine, but no Exhaust note, since my Turbo Spool and Exhaust are real loud. But after we drove off after speaking he punched it, and I melted just hearing the deep note Ex. and loud azz wine of his SC. From a Stop, He will beat me cuz of his RWD and instant power. Almost like trying to race a AWD with FWD.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cool

WiCkeDrEx said:
I believe you man. Anything can happen on the streets. Also, it doesn't take a good driver to race from a roll. Nice kill....
Thanks Bro, You're absolutely right, anything can happen.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts