ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sitting at a stoplight, and I hear a very loud BOV whistling several times behind me, and an obviously aftermarket exhaust, revving like crazy. I look to see a totally blacked out SRT-4. I immediately knew this was going to be fun. We were both in the interstate lane, so the timing was perfect. As we proceed, he is jumping up and backing off, many times. We hit the ramp, I nail it around the turn, and heard all 4 tires screaming at me. I didn't listen to them, and just kept in it. I know enough about the neons to know that I needed a curvy road or a standstill to be competetive. He fell several car lengths, and by the time we were to hit the interstate, I had a few cars. He let off at about 80-85, still behind me. I was like WTF? All that revving and stuff, and then no go? I slow down and wait, ready to go, and nothing. I slow waaay down, and he eases by, all black car, all black windows, barely going the limit? His license plate read slw4dr. Cool plate, actually. I exit at mine, confused. Oh well, maybe he didn't want to waste gas on a stock looking WRX?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been doing basic bolt ons initially. B&M short shift, which I am still not sure I like, HKS SSQV, not a performance mod, but fun and I like it, The wife hates it. Various small things. I was just wondering if this guy thought I was a complete waste of gas after all that noise, or what? His car looks very nice, and it does sound good, but I was willing to go, even expecting a loss, just for the fun of it. It is all about fun, after all.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I think he prolly saw the stock exhaust and figured why bother? at least thats my educated guess. I don't instigate if they're using stock components, but if they start teasing me, stock or not, I follow suit.

now that i said that... some merkur xr4ti is gonna come by with a stock exhaust, and a huge turbo and lay waste to me.

·
Registered
706 Posts
SBW said:
I think he prolly saw the stock exhaust and figured why bother? at least thats my educated guess. I don't instigate if they're using stock components, but if they start teasing me, stock or not, I follow suit.

now that i said that... some merkur xr4ti is gonna come by with a stock exhaust, and a huge turbo and lay waste to me.
Ha i had a 1988 turbo t-bird it had the same engine as the merkur xr4ti

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
There is a merkur x whatever around here that has 500whp....its sick. True sleeper.

He did prolly see the stock exhaust and not bother w/it but I'm not sure why he just didnt just drive normally...eh

·
Registered
841 Posts
elohdaeh78 said:
Ha i had a 1988 turbo t-bird it had the same engine as the merkur xr4ti
I remember in high school I wanted an XR4ti, I thought they were the shiznit. I remember someone told me they were half Ford, half Porshe or something...lol

·
Registered
706 Posts
jamie007 said:
I remember in high school I wanted an XR4ti, I thought they were the shiznit. I remember someone told me they were half Ford, half Porshe or something...lol
Yeah i am not sure exactly what parts they share from what cars, but i know they had the 2.3 4cylinder turbo engine that the t-bird had in 87-88

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
yeah, all srt4 owners are fags. go find one to race one to race around a snow, windy road. then see how the neon does then.
:wiggles:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
just messin around. tryin to be someone funny. i notice the earlier part of the thread got way off topic and no body seemed to be bothered by it. so i just felt like blurting something out.

·
Registered
882 Posts
i think he wanted to race, then noticed you took a dangerous turn at 80 mph then decided you were insane.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts