ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I was bored as sh*t. So my buddy and I decide to go test drive some cars. First stop of the day was at the local dodge dealership. Where we talked our way into driving an SRT. My buddy hops in the pass seat as I am in the driver. The salesman hopps in the back "I have to go with you". He also quoted "This thing is really fast", "it handles like no other", and "it stops on a dime". So I decided to see how correct he was. While getting myself ready to drive this little pos he claims "95% of the drivers cant put this car to its limits" and "I notice you have a quick car (STi), so I dont need to inform you how to drive this". I pull out of the dealership and head to the highway. Get on to the on ramp and punch it. I keep on the little red neon all the way up to 105mph. The salesman is squiggling around in the back very nervous, as my buddy is laughing. We come up to the exit ramp and I through it in neutral, waiting to brake untill the last moment. "See it has very nice brakes." I then get back on the highway and am doin around 90mph. I get off and there is a long sharp right hand 30mph curve for the exit ramp. I am pushing this car through the curve, squealing the tires. Then another lane is added on the right with a left hand turn then a traffic light. Well a semi is in the right lane around this turn, so I speed up and take the inside lane real fast, go in-front of the semi, drop the car to 2nd gear (w/o brakes) and fly around this right hand turn. Pull into the dealership with my buddy laughing histarically and the salesman saying that "you are in that 5% of people". I left, and didnt call them back.

Nick

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
So basically what you are saying is you did stupid and dangerous things that put you, your friend, and a salesman in danger not to mention anyone else on the road or walking near by.

Of course, it all sounds like BS to me.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
White Out said:
...Ouch

Nick
While I can see why you are all hopped up on this, it was a very brash and not too intelligent move to risk two other lives in the car (not to mention those in traffic around you) in a car you dont even own.

Think before you do something like that again.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
The highway stuff was a little dangerous and over kill for a test drive.

I'm all in favor of a good test drive. I went 100% (full out) when test driving a few LS1's back in 1999. The salesman actually like what I did. Straight line speed with no traffic around.
But I definately wouldn't mess with traffic in my car or someone elses.

·
Registered
199 Posts
5spdfrk said:
I would hate to find out that I just bought a a car that had been ragged on before the initial break in period.
Although I completely agree with this, we all have to agree that none of us ever really "baby" a car during the test drive. We DRIVE them, just rpms shy of redline. Or at least I do, except I'm sure to test out a car that is a color I don't want so if I hypothetically bought the car (of the right color) it wasn't driven by me.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I thought it was pretty funny, so did my buddy in the passenger seat. The sales man claimed that the car was sweet in all these area's and I wanted to see how correct he was. And to compare it to the Subie. I really didnt think that it pulled very hard at all on the highway. I did like the little Auto Meter gauge, and the shifter, but that was about it. Who here has never taken a car up to 100 on a mostly empty highway? I live in a city that dosnt have 3 lane highways, so there isnt too much traffic in the middle of the day.

Nick

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The only person's that I may have indangerd was the people in the car. But with the semi, I was far enough in front of him and not slowing down enough to the point where he was not within 5-9 car lenghts before I turned.

Nick

1 - 20 of 22 Posts