Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a squealing or a loud squeak sound when the car hits full boost and then i lose all of the boost i had. I have read a couple of different threads and I've heard all the way from a turbo being bad to a bad wastegate or even a bad inter cooler. ive checked all the hose connections and made sure there are no bad connections anywhere i cant find anything. the car is a 2012 wrx hatchback with 40k miles on it. the only "mods" i currently have are cat back exhaust, coilovers and wheels. im thinking a wastegate but i want to be 99% sure before i buy a wastegate.

· Super Moderator
3,430 Posts
Instead of just dropping money on maybe's, take it to a reputable performance shop and have them look at it. Then fix it from there. In the end it will be cheaper than buying random parts trying to chase down what is making the noise.

· Registered
25 Posts
i believe im having the same issue with my 2013 wrx. mine started directly after getting dyno tuned. on my way home i would hit ~19lbs of boost (full boost for the tune) and would hear this "squealing" sound and the boost would drop quickly down to 10lbs if i stayed on the pedal. The noise goes away as soon as i release the pedal.

I thought maybe it was the higher boost on my e85 tune, but i filled up with 93 and it did it with the 17-18lbs of boost on 93 as well. Now also tonight it would start making the sound on around 11lbs of boost when I was carefully flooring it!
Im going back to my tuner tomorrow (Friday). Hopefully we can get it figured out asap. Brand new tune and cobb flex fuel kit and cant even get on it :(

My performance mods in case it helps figure it out
Catless turbo back exhaust, cobb intake, grimmspeed ebcs, id1000 injectors, dw300 pump, cobb flex fuel, process west top mount

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.