Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My driver side window squeaks every time I roll it up and down,....QUITE EMBARRASING. Anyone else have this problem and did the dealership take car of it? The reason I am concerned is that my last car (a heavily modified VW GTI) had a window regulator failure and my driverside window fell down into the door:mad: .....please someone shed some light on this...

Thanks
Tim

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Do the insidea and outside of the window with either Rain X or Catrol Accuvision, or you can use car wax or glass polish. This gets rid of the squeek on my car for about 3-4 months, then when it starts up again I just re-treat it.

Works everytime.

-joe

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
could this be something that the dealership will fix for me? or could it just be caused by the window being dirty. I am just wondering if it has something to do with the molding...

Tim

·
Registered
42 Posts
i have the same problem :(

sounds like it's rubbing against the molding or something.

i'm going to try the rain-X idea later...

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
most dealerships acknowledge this as a design error from the frameless doors.

there haven't been any permanent fixs for it yet.

i have it too. keeping the window and the jam real clean helps a lot, but isn't a cure.

dR

·
Registered
333 Posts
The dealer fixed my drivers side window for free. They said they greased the track. Didnt make any noise for a couple of months but now is back again. Next time its in for service they will fix it again!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think it comes from the window rubbing against the plastic molding in front of the window ( that little triangle piece closest to the side view mirror) at least this is what I noticed on mine. It squeaks when it's rubbing there then will stop once the window goes down far enough.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i have the same problem, and my theory is they give me a 36,000 mile warranty, so they will fix it. This is the second time they are going to replace it. I figure the car is in for servicing, so why not let em fix it. The dealership is more then happy to comply and has never had a problem with it. I say go to the dealership and have them fix it.

·
Banned
2,810 Posts
I think it's the triangle thing as well. It's most annoying... but, hey, if the stereo is loud enough no one else will notice. :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ah shat appppp!!!! Quit cryin like babies!!!!!:p

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Both my driver and passenger side front windows squeak. It it embarassing, but it's better than getting wind noise on the freeway :D

·
Registered
389 Posts
It does it because the windowless design makes a tight seal extremely important. It needs to go up in the right place, so the track is very tight. No biggie, nothing's wrong.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
now that makes sense, Thanks for all the replies

Tim

·
Registered
48 Posts
Blue2004WRX said:
It does it because the windowless design makes a tight seal extremely important. It needs to go up in the right place, so the track is very tight. No biggie, nothing's wrong.
Right on, anyone noticed how much easier it is to close the doors when a window is open, it's like you almost have to slam them when the windows are up for them to shut properly. It's because of the good tight seal.

·
Banned
22 Posts
mine was squeeky for awhile. like atleaste the first few months of owning the car, but i guess rolling it up and down so many times it eventually fixed itself and i no longer have the problem

·
Registered
435 Posts
MOG_22 said:
I think it comes from the window rubbing against the plastic molding in front of the window ( that little triangle piece closest to the side view mirror) at least this is what I noticed on mine. It squeaks when it's rubbing there then will stop once the window goes down far enough.
Put yor finger insdie the inside of that piece, rub it up and down.the rubber acts like a squegee, squeek squek. i take the dirt out every so often and it takes care of the problem. Maybe the oil from the skin lubricates it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If it's that embarrasing.. just roll your windows up and down when it's dry outside. Mine seem to squeek when there is moisture in the air. Like at night and on rainy days. But during the summer, it has kept me from feeling ashamed from rolling my windows up and down! Haha, but it's only a minor flaw in the WRX. Do the 04's have the same problem?

Jeff

1 - 20 of 21 Posts