Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I have a 2014 WRX Hatch, I came upon a common issue of the creaking clutch, (and no not the firewall, this only occurs with the clutch the brake does not do anything no matter how hard I try) so I went ahead and had 2 repairs with a Subaru dealer. The first run my throwout bearing was shot so they needed to take apart the clutch and replace the bearing, with this being done I mentioned the creaking noise. After the bearing was done I had no more squeaking in neutral and the creaking was gone. I was so happy and went off on my merry way. About 4 days after pick up I depress the clutch at a red light and there goes the creak. This bothered me so much because it's not even that noticeable inside rather it's loud as hell outside and quite frankly sounds like the car is broken.

I dropped the car at the dealer and now my car was out of warranty. At first they assumed that there was no grease on the fork ect. However after a day they called me telling me that my pressure plate is cracked and that is the creaking noise when I depress the clutch. Fair enough they called it in and Subaru gave me a good will and fixed it for free.

So fast forward 3 weeks, this morning I am driving and I depress the clutch and there it is again, a faint creaking clutch, not as bad as the first time around but noticeable. So this bring me to the question of what the problem is, is this actually the pressure plate? Logically it should not be 300 Miles in. Could this be related to the fork or any other part of the mechanism or are subaru OEM parts just that bad.

Has anyone else had this issue in their 11-14 or maybe even on older models?
Should I pick the phone up and call SOA about it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clutch was replaced around 20k ago when I had an issue with it a few months after purchase. I didnt feel the need to have them replace the clutch unless it was going to be free. I told them I felt slippage when it went in for the throwout bearing but they said that it was not slipping, it was worth a try though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts