ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving normal (out of boost) and the car was fine but I was at a light and floored it. No launch just pushed on the go pedal. Once boost started to come on the car exhaust note changed to constant sputter. Let off and back to normal. Decided to try it again. Same thing but with less sputter. Kept flooring it and it eventually went away. I did record a 1.33 bar as peak.

Mods are Stage Cobb 2.5 VF34. Any idears?

Last week i heard some clicking to which i assumed to be wastegate flutter.......but now the car sputters.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
what do you mean by sputter...a sound...or does the car like shake and feel like its not going to go...then all of a sudden takes off?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Its hard to explain the sounds but.......under normal conditions the car is the typical blub blub blub. When i get on the gas it normally gets louder and pulls like a animal.

Well today (what i described above) it was a normal sound while not in boost but once the boost hit there was a whole new exhaust note. It sounded like a$$. It actually got quiter when the boost came on than normal idle. The car didnt pull at all but i recorded a 1.33 bar?

EDIT: Some things im thinking.

1. Tranny slipping? If thats the case would it changed the exhaust sound? Also would i see 1.33 bar (19+psi)

2. Boost Creep? Dont know the symptons of this. Maybe this is what i got and the ECU is going into limp mode?

3. Wastegate arm malfunction? Maybe its not opening or is stuck?

·
Registered
446 Posts
every morning after i start my car up and take off through the hood for 4 minutes worth of driving then come to the highway....the first time i boost the car feels likes its lunging or surging power for the first max boost...then it never happens again untill the next morning....PS no unusauall sounds during this time...this has been going on for almost a year

·
Registered
62 Posts
Of course, when I had my talon AWD running, I did have a vaccuum leak somewhere. When i got on it hard above a certain psi it would bog and sputter. Maybe u have a leak as well. Just my 2 cents.

Andrew

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think i do. I didnt have this problem until i got the Blitz TT put in. I looked earlier today and saw that the hose isnt really all that tight on the tee. Im gonna get some sort of small clamp to fixer that up.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
skyjock41 said:
I think i do. I didnt have this problem until i got the Blitz TT put in. I looked earlier today and saw that the hose isnt really all that tight on the tee. Im gonna get some sort of small clamp to fixer that up.
Let us know if that solves your problem! :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
My ride sputters was well when I floor it, especially in 2nd and 3rd gear. I recently changed my plugs but this sputtering occurred before the plug swap. A week ago, on my way home for lunch, flooring it on a straight-away, a big jolt caught me off by surprise and not even a second later, my check engine light came on. Ever since that day, my car feels different. I can't get the code since I've already resetted my ECU. I will take it to AutoZone for sure next time it comes on.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Let me get this straight... Tell me if I'm wrong.

Vacuum leak - this is air going into the throttle body.

Exhaust leak - this is air escaping through the exhaust portion.

What are the affects of both?

To answer your question, I can't even tell if there's a leak or not. Vacuum leak - am I suppose to feel access air leaking (similar to a flat tire) or is it more complicated than that. As for exhaust leak - Is it the same occurance as above where air leaks out (or is it more like smoke coming out).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts