ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wrx is I get the shop because the transmission is having issues :( but since the transmission is out getting worked on I have the change to add a spt short throw shifter for no labor :) so what I want to know is, is how is the shifter? I have a Cobb sts is it really so much better?

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
The spt short throw is shorter linkage and stock hight lever.....the Cobb lever is shorter (well, can be)...if you get both, you will have a super short throw.

If you end up getting it, or not for that matter, I would see if you can get them to switch all the bushings out too...if you do not have any bushings yet, get the TiC 'Holy Shift Kit'... If you do have some bushings, get the ones you don't have yet.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Aftermarket STS > OE STS > Stock

Bushings do more than the lever. Demon posted a link to a package deal for all four shifter bushings.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bushings would be a good idea. The problem is time, they couldn't get here in time before the car is done. What im looking for is toI hear from someone with the story shifter

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
foxhound said:
The bushings would be a good idea. The problem is time, they couldn't get here in time before the car is done. What im looking for is toI hear from someone with the story shifter
Not worth what you'd spend.

·
Banned
160 Posts
My car came with the factory Short throw in it. I cant compare it to any other units out there but it doesnt feel all that short to me. it almost feels like my old tacoma with its height and length rowing gears. id hate to feel what a non short shifter would feel like in these cars

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
I have the Cobb...it's nice and having the ability to adjust it makes it so you can dial it in.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Doobis said:
My car came with the factory Short throw in it. I cant compare it to any other units out there but it doesnt feel all that short to me. it almost feels like my old tacoma with its height and length rowing gears. id hate to feel what a non short shifter would feel like in these cars
Pretty much the same as you have. A 10% reduction isn't very noticeable, where 40% (aftermarket) is.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
foxhound said:
Wait the spt short throw is only a 10% reduction?!?!
Yes. Like I said, it's not worth what you pay...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts