ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the SPT short ram intake on my 07 WRX. Has anyone had a problem with the filter coming off the intake pipe?
It looks like my hood it hitting the top of the filter and pushing it off the tube... I have no idea how to fix this. Its installed as low as it can go and the dealership says that there should be no problem with the fit... I dont think they care too much.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I've got the SPT short ram intake on my 07 WRX. Has anyone had a problem with the filter coming off the intake pipe?
It looks like my hood it hitting the top of the filter and pushing it off the tube... I have no idea how to fix this. Its installed as low as it can go and the dealership says that there should be no problem with the fit... I dont think they care too much.
Mine fits fine on my 07 TR, the only thing that bugs me is that it touches my passenger side fender which does nothing to it but its just something that catches my eye every time i pop the hood. as for your filter coming off the intake pipe i have no idea why that would happen. only thing i could think of is to take the intake filter off and clean it with some rubbing alcohol to remove any grease then scuff up the pipe with the filter connects, then just crank the sh*t out of the clamp and hope for the best. GL

·
Registered
280 Posts
as long as its all tight and put on properly i wouldnt worry about it

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I have already taken a fine sand paper and roughed up the filter so it will grip the pipe better. Its not hitting the passenger side like yours but I know what your talking about. Its pleanty tight too... I think Ill sand it up with alchohol some more and hope it works itself out.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I can see how you might get some rubbing on the fender or heat shield if you have one. I have the intake too and have encountered similar instances. If the rubbing is troubling you, loosen the nut for the mounting bracket and then loosen the clamp on the inlet hose. Angle the intake on the inlet hose whichever direction it needs to go so as the filter won't touch anything. Push, pull, whatever. Then tighten the nut and wiggle it around to verify. Not a difficult concept, just mess with it. As far as the filter falling off... Tighten the sh*t out of it. :thumbup:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Ha...Small world STRYDER. I just noticed. Alexandria huh? I'm right around the way. REPRESENT NOVA! :thumbup:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I actually think I have seen you around Springfield mall maybe? There only a few around here, I've seen a blue TR, a white sti and a silver sti and a silver blob which could be you.

Weird

1 - 7 of 7 Posts