ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I need to get a little more sound out of my hatch. The stock exhaust is just too quiet.

I can get a used spt exhaust with only 1200 mile on it, or a nameless axle back for roughly the same price. Any opinions? I'm likely not going to be getting a downpipe or going stage 2 anytime soon, or maybe not at all. Stage 1 once my warranty runs out and thats it.

Thanks guys. I appreciate any info.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Personally, I would go for the Nameless. I have one on my hatch and I absolutely love it. That's just my opinion though, my best advice would be to try to get out and try to find people with those exhausts on their cars and see what you personally prefer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Personally, I would go for the Nameless. I have one on my hatch and I absolutely love it. That's just my opinion though, my best advice would be to try to get out and try to find people with those exhausts on their cars and see what you personally prefer.
Do you have axle back or cat back? Did you have it before your dp?

I think I am leaning toward the nameless - plus I don't like the way the spt hang down. Seems to sacrifice some clearance.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Ive heard the spt in person, it sounds good. not really loud but a good rumble, havent heard a nameless in person so no opinion here

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Love my nameless set up. I had the axle back without anything else for a while. I get a lot of compliments as well (even passed the girlfriend test somehow).

Haven't heard the SPT personally.

Guys at Nameless are great to deal with as well. Very straight up guys.

·
Registered
439 Posts
the best, as said before, would be to try to hear both in person and get what YOU want. that said....get the nameless! there's a ton of us on here with it and i've heard nothing bad.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the best, as said before, would be to try to hear both in person and get what YOU want. that said....get the nameless! there's a ton of us on here with it and i've heard nothing bad.
Yeah, I have a shout out in the regional forum to see if there are any fellas out there near me. I did talk with someone from nameless about a week ago. Talked to me for about 20 minutes or so, answered all my questions. I think my mind is made up. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Do you have axle back or cat back? Did you have it before your dp?
I have the axleback, and yes, I had it before I got my DP.

My exhaust set up is: Cobb DP -> stock mid-pipe -> Nameless Axle-back.

·
Registered
236 Posts
i had the q300 on my sedan and it sounded nice but i wanted my car louder and i didnt want to upgrade the dp so i got the nameless and i love it

·
Registered
344 Posts
I personally like the 3" tips option on the Nameless. The Invidia exhausts typically have the larger tips too.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I think the Nameless Axleback is a nice piece, but for the same price I got a pretty nice and loud Catback. And SPT is way overpriced IMO. Between the two, go with Nameless.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I ended up finding a screaming deal on a q300 cbe. $350! Couldn't pass it up. It's a little louder than I was hoping in my hatch, but I'm getting used to it. Live the tips!

·
Registered
344 Posts
I ended up finding a screaming deal on a q300 cbe. $350! Couldn't pass it up. It's a little louder than I was hoping in my hatch, but I'm getting used to it. Live the tips!
$300, daaaamn! Where from? Is it v1 it v2??

1 - 20 of 22 Posts