ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I ordered my 2012 WRX SWP hatch in early Feburary, and had the car delivered in March 26. I ordered the following options: SPT Catback exhaust, STI short throw shifter, and the STI shot throw bushing. When the car was delivered to the dealership, I noticed on the window sticker that the STI short throw bushing was not listed. I asked my salesman if the STI bushing was installed or not, and he said it was installed. After driving the car for the first time, I noticed that the shifts did not seem as smooth, and sometimes getting a little difficult to get into 1st or 2nd gear. Especially getting into 2nd gear, it feels like its catching on something. For the most part, the car shifts pretty smooth, but one off time, it does not. So I called Subaru of America to get more information, and long behold, he told me that STI short throw bushings are not installed at the port, they are a dealer installed accessory. So I called the manager at the dealership I ordered from, and told them what I found out. My salesperson called me back, and tells me I am right, and for me to get it installed its going to cost $250. Why would I pay $250, when the salesperson was the one that confirmed that it was installed the day I took delivery of the car. The manager is going to get back to me in the next few days on what the verdict will be. So will keep you guys posted.

Has anyone had a STI short throw bushing installed at port?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Why is it taking him a few days to get back to you? Should be a pretty easy answer. They should do it for you, you paid for it. Don't take no for an answer.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Why is it taking him a few days to get back to you? Should be a pretty easy answer. They should do it for you, you paid for it. Don't take no for an answer.
This.

It's an option that you paid for with the car when ordering. It should not cost anything extra to you. Their mistake, they need to put the spurs on and cowboy up.

·
Registered
778 Posts
If it's not on the sticker, you may not have paid for it after all. I would give them the finger, and buy/install it yourself.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Do you have an order sheet?

On the sheet it must be mentioned if they ordered it with the car.If it is on the order sheet & they are still refusing to install it without payment,send a copy to SOA with a complaint.

$250?That is like a $200 install.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
It's a 30 dollar part. Just installed mine last week. If worst comes to worst and they don't put it in buy the part and install it yourself. It's a 45 min job.

Make sure to put grease on the new bushing to get best results.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
$200 install, Tony? I do shifter bushings for a 6-pack of beer split between us during the install...

If it's not on the car, skip the SPT part and order the TiC kit which includes all four sets.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
$200 install, Tony? I do shifter bushings for a 6-pack of beer split between us during the install...

If it's not on the car, skip the SPT part and order the TiC kit which includes all four sets.
Only a 6 pack? I usually bring a case to installs...you need to come down here :p

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Mikie13 said:
Only a 6 pack? I usually bring a case to installs...you need to come down here :p
Not everyone is a heavyweight.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I recieved two documents when I ordered my car. One paper has the STI short throw shifter bushing included, and I think the order paper does not. But I specifically asked for the STI short throw bushing to be added and installed.

I know I can search for this, but anyone have a link to a good DIY write up on how to install the bushing?

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
I know I can search for this, but anyone have a link to a good DIY write up on how to install the bushing?
They're pretty easy to do. Getting the front stocker out can be a little tricky. Don't be afraid to rip or cut into it; it's going in the trash anyway. Do you have ramps?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Mikie13 said:
I know...it sucks...I'm not a cheap date :rotfl:
Neither am I. I guess we go dutch...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts