ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have the Factory SPT Boost gauge installed and noticed that if you drive over any bumps the needle bounces? Its a fast flutter and you can hear it as well. There are no kinks in the vacuum line, not sure if anyone else has seen this?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about the after markets units like AEM, do they have the fluttering needle as well. I assume an electric unit wouldn't have the same issue.

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
My Prosport does seem to flutter. Its an electrical boost gauge. I have heard mixed reviews with the SPT gauge

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
I've heard some poor reviews on the SPT gauge as well...but you gotta think about gravity: you hit a bump, the car goes up, and then comes down. Same things that happen when you go over hills or in an elevator. It will affect a loose spinning mechanism as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My omori boost gauge fluttered when I drove, it made me crazy, I ended up going to an auto parts store and getting a "vacuum restrictor" and putting it in the line about 6" from where I have it hooked to the bypass valve...

It acts as a buffer so you don't read all the little pulses in the boost and it fixes it all. And its still accurate

1 - 6 of 6 Posts