ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 WRX and I'm looking at getting springs and struts. I want to lower my car and have a little bit of a smoother ride. What does everyone recommend?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
RCE/Bilstein kit sold by GTWorx is very nice. A set of RCE Blacks with Koni Inserts would also be a good setup that's a little cheaper.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
+1 on the GtWorx setup.A little expensive at $1400.There are also cheaper alternatives.All depends on your wallet & how much of a drop you are looking for.

What else have you done to the suspension?

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Keep in mind, lowering a little bit, and smoother ride generally don't fit into the same sentence.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Mikie13 said:
Keep in mind, lowering a little bit, and smoother ride generally don't fit into the same sentence.
The RCEs on my car smoothed out the ride. Not nearly the bobblehead crap as OE.

I'm curious how a set of Feal revalves would make them ride. I'm sure the better dampers will help more.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
I would say both at the same time if it is in your means....if not, sways first

·
Not Asian
1,069 Posts
Should I do springs and struts or sway bars and endlinks first?
Well...what are you looking for? Sways will not lower your car or smooth the ride :)

Seriously though, I think I'd go with a nice set of springs and dampers first with a custom alignment, and if the body roll and handling hasn't improved to your liking then I'd add sways/endlinks. My personal opinion is that the OEM dampers just aren't right for the car and it's the weakest part of the suspension. I've got the GTWorx dampers sitting in my basement right now. Just have been waiting for a month for the RCE Black springs from RaceComp. As soon as they come and I get everything installed I'll be able to give a review.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts