ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey suspension guru's im inches away from doing some suspension work to my car and wanted to get some comments about springs. I have done alot of research and im preaty confident that the prodrive springs are what im looking for... But from what i have seen im worried it is just not enough of a drop. I dont want a crazy drop here... Looking to level the wheel gap, but most importantly to be able to hit up the twistys down the road from my house.

Going to purchase AGX Struts and GrpN top Mounts

Any sugestions would be great, so far in person i have seen some progress springs and Eibachs, i dont want progressive spring rates by the way...

Thanks !

Will
02 WRX

·
Registered
135 Posts
You can buy my STI springs! Seriously though I would recommend the Prodrive. I just installed their springs on my STI and couldn't be happier. Great job of levelling the wheel gap and dropping slightly. Here's a crappy pic.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
see thats the thing, i want people to be able to tell that i actualy lowerd my car LOL. I totaly want to get rid of the weel gap, and i am more interested in the handleing aspects of lowering. But i dont want to go through all this work and have people say, or you lowered your car, it dont look lower. LOL

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I you really want to look lowered and have better handling characterisitics, then you want coilovers. The pinks and the prodrives are the best spring upgrade IMO for handling, but dont have that slammed look.

I like mine just fine, and am pleased that I dont have to watch for squirrels in the road.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
im interested in the prodrives too because i have the greddy lip and i scrape enough as it is but i hate my wheel gap so i want a small but subtle drop. Does anyone have any pictures of the 02-03's on prodrives? ive never seen em....

·
Registered
307 Posts
I recommend Progress springs. 1.8 front/1.5/rear.
They are inexpensive new, but their are also some good used deals right now (Trailboss).
I almost went Eibach, but I'm glad I didn't.

Picture was taken minutes after install was finished. Sorry about the shadows. If you want some better pics, I can take some, just PM me.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Here are some pics of mine lowered on Prodrives the day after the night I lowered it. They have since settled a little more, so I will try to get some updated pics.

Before:

After:

EDIT: I replaced the original pics with some larger ones. Sorry they're so big, but this way everyone can see the difference a little easier.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts