ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine layed down his bike this weekend doing about 60. Nothing broken, but his leg is pretty beaten up and his arm poped out of his socket. The bike however is totally gone this wouldnt be so bad, but it was only about 2 1/2 months old. He tells me hes never going to ride a sport bike again, but somehow I doubt it I think hes just a little shaken up after crashing it. I know there are a few of you who ride on here, so anyone have any advice how to cheer up a bit since I think hes pretty bummed since it was his fault he lost control. Or has anyone else layed down thier bike and been able to ride again? It sucks to think that hes going to completely give up ever hoping back on a bike. :(

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
I would respect his decision of never wanting to ride a sport bike again. I don't blame him. Motorcycles freak me out, personally. They are a blast to ride and are very cool, fast machines, but I just don't think I'll ever ride one in traffic/around town or whatever. The stuff that I've seen has been enough to persuade me.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
StoplightWarrior said:
fvck the bike, that guy is lucky to be alive...glad he's ok.
The bikes already ****ed so thats done with, but he really had a passion for riding bikes its hard to explain but it seems he hurt his pride more then he hurt anything. The only thing I can compare it to is throwing your car into a wall after praticing and learning how to drive on a track.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Jmd777 said:
The bikes already ****ed so thats done with, but he really had a passion for riding bikes its hard to explain but it seems he hurt his pride more then he hurt anything. The only thing I can compare it to is throwing your car into a wall after praticing and learning how to drive on a track.
I dont currently ride a MC - but I can sort of relate to how he feels after I t-boned a Peugot on my mountain bike doing the bike courier blast to work.

Before this I had no fear, but because the last accident hurt, I sort of feel a bit vulnerable.
But dont worry, like me, he will be back on them soon enough.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Integra96 said:
I would respect his decision of never wanting to ride a sport bike again. I don't blame him. Motorcycles freak me out, personally. They are a blast to ride and are very cool, fast machines, but I just don't think I'll ever ride one in traffic/around town or whatever. The stuff that I've seen has been enough to persuade me.
Exactly my thoughts... Everyone I know that has riden a bike on public roads long enough has gone down for one reason or another, more often than not, it's not their fault.

·
Registered
356 Posts
getting back on?

i ride a 2003 ducati 998r ducati, and 97 suzuki gsxr, i have crashed before, and let me tell you it is not fun. in my opinion he says that he wont ride now, but im sure he will be back on in no time. the initial shock is what kills it for most people who are starting out riding. i wish him luck and hope he gets better soon.

·
Registered
642 Posts
sorry to hear about ur friend and his bike. if he's only been riding for those 2 1/2 months he's owned the bike, maybe he should stop riding.

but if he has a passion as you say he does, it'll be no time before he's back on. it took me about a month of riding before i was 'comfortably fast' again after a low speed lowside. best thing to do, IMO, is get back on a bike, asap ... even for just a ride down the block, get back on.

if he's lucky enuf to walk away from totalling his bike, yeah, the ego is gonna hurt the worst. how to cheer him up? do a burnout in his driveway! :p

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
I walked away from riding 2 years ago. I've been riding bikes since I was very young and miss it terribly, but I would rather not risk my health anymore. I've gone down on the street, and in the dirt (racing) and it HURTS! I decided to walk away after a few close calls with morons on the road. I often think about going back to it, but have enough scars to remind me not to:(

·
Registered
30 Posts
well i can say ive said that before, after i put my bike down... 50 mph dropped it in a corner and went spinning on the road, broken wrist, lots of road rash, etc.... lots of fun

but like i was saying i said the same thing afterwards, ill never ride again, forget it...

well that was all bullsh*t.. its a itch that just cant be scratched any other way..

as in to help cheer him up, idk, i had depression for awhile after the accident, but nothing really helps that, life kinda sucks for awhile but like everyone else has said, make him feel lucky, or happy that he is alive... bikes are dangerous, and stupid and everyone does stupid things on them (i used to and hell i still do) but it is the danger that draws us to them, some people love it, while others dont or dont understand it..

wish him the best of luck for me, but in no means does he have it rough with just a broken leg and some rash....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts