ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and my friend work on our cars together, he has a 05 sti and i have a 2011 wrx. he has nothing under his engine bay but i have what i assume is a splash guard to keep water off of the engine and other stuff. i guess my question here is if i got a cold air intake system would that splash guard keep the filter safe from water ingestion

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
Are you considering taking yours off permanently? If so, I'm just wondering why....

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
No.. CAI takes air from the fender well. As far as I know, the best way to keep water out of a CAI is to not drive through water.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
It's NOT JUST a splash-guard... It's main duty is to direct airflow through the engine compartment by making a low pressure area just behind the engine, this allows better airflow through the radiator and the TMIC. Tell your friend to keep it on... As for the CAI get one that sits high up in the fender well or one like the COBB SF intake with a box/shield...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you considering taking yours off permanently? If so, I'm just wondering why....
i have no intention of removing it, i just thought its main purpose was water protection. its nice it has other purposes, i was just thinking about water protection for either CAI or short rams since i live in nebraska where every season is present, and i like getting dirty sometimes driving through puddles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts