ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I brought my car in this week from an accident I had a little bit ago - rock crushed my front fender.

Of course like in all repair estimates they underestimate because they can't/ don't look at everything

so now it seems like I have more on my hand my front splash guard got cracked by the rock and needs to be replaced. I am guessing the rock went through the splash guard and also cracked the engine cradle and dented my hood in some crazy way (too hard to explain)

So I just got the call that they are going to replace it and I think to myself why don't I just get a better after market skid plate like the rallyarmor one. If I would have had this there probably would have been less damage.
heres a link
rally armor skid plate

This part is $100 more than the $100 stock splash guard

Do you guys think this is worth it (would like to eventually do some light rally) and do you agree with my reasoning

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I honestly really never trusted the stocker much to be quite honest.

I usually run in the PSG annual rallycross so I picked one up from him (and his crew put it on for me right there and then too) just for piece of mind.

For driving around the street I don't think you would need one unless you roll over something.

~myke

1 - 6 of 6 Posts