Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wow...I just finished watching this movie from Hong Kong. Haven't seen the first one, but I must say that although still very cheesy and utterly ghetto, the story is actually a lot more deep than F&F and the racing was much much better!

There were only two cars involved in this movie...an Evo VI and a MY98/99 WRX. Basically, this rich guy who drives an Evo VI is like the king of street racing and he wins a motorcycle race against this guy who thinks he's just a spoiled brat. For his win, he breaks his opponent's leg. His opponent's brother just happens to get out of jail and wants to get revenge for his brother's leg being broken. He then challenges the rich guy to a race, since he beat the rich guy's dad before, who also used to be the king of street racing. The Evo VI gets its ass handed to it and the rich guy and his girlfriend go flying off the road and the car blows up with his girlfriend in it.

He then goes through a big healing process and such and eventually comes back to beat the Subaru gang using a two-stage NOS system. "I need nawwwwwwwws..."

Anyway, it was cheesy, and yes again NOS was the deciding factor, but the actual action was much better. It wasn't just 1/4 mile street races...they actually race motorcycles and the Evo vs. WRX races involved an actual race through city streets, complete with weaving through traffic and even some drifting around hairpins. I must say that I enjoyed it despite all of its ghettoness. If anyone sees this (English subtitles on VCD), check it out just for kicks...you might actually enjoy it like I did :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
That sounds aamazing....its all about cheesy movies...they are the best. I don't know about you but I thought that F&F sucked horribly...it was a joke...it was cheesy AND it had no plot at all. Man the guy that played the undercover cop was the most naive bastard out there....i would have been embarrassed to play that role... hahah

·
Registered
57 Posts
another note...the best part is when his eclipse from HELL explodes and he walks away not even caring...I mean...i realize that it wasn't his car per se, but still...I mean he was trying to trick vin diesel into thinking that he was all about racing and then when his 80,000 car explodes he is like lets go to a party and get a few drinks....hahahah...lol

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One thing I forgot to mention...they key line of the movie:

"We don't tune Subaru here!"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts