ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in the Spartanburg, SC area know what was going on at the BMW plant on Friday the 27th at 2:30-3:00 pm? I was driving past and I saw a bunch of Minis with numbers on their sides racing around. Also, Sunday must have been the day for WRXes on I-85 heading north. This too was in the Spartanburg area, I saw a blue/gold STi, a black bugeye WRX and a silver bugeye WRX. This was probably ~5:00-5:30.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not sure on the mini racing thing - but I'm running Spartanburg to Greenville every weekday in my silver wrx - could have been me I suppose.

You'll know mine by the factory underspoiler kit - all paint matched.

·
Registered
677 Posts
My older sis went to Converse College and me and my dad stopped by the BMW museum at the plant one afternoon. They werent letting people in the plant after 9/11, damnit.

The museum was cool. A whole bunch of BMW motorcycles and racecars.

·
Registered
2 Posts
They had a Red Cross Rally at the Zentrum on the 28th, but that was suppost to be motorcycles, not MINI's....I know that they've had Bush and Cheney tour the plant too....they always block off part of I-85 when there's someone like that over there....

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
The museum and plant are cool. My former boss works at that location and we got to see it all. Of course that was several years ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts