Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to PomonaWRX (nasioc) for the amazing deal. This seat really was the missing piece to my car.

One Sparco Sprint in black and a Sparco 4 Point Harness.

First before we go anywhere.
I am 5'5 115lbs so I am a little guy.

Installation:
Install took me about 15 minutes. Most of my time was spent taking that blasted Airbag sensor off. The harness' I am sure I installed wrong so my friend is coming down to help me install those the right way, if they arent right already. I have a gutted interior so I just bolted them right where the middle buckle used to be in the back seat.

Seat Quality:
Very Nice quality. There are jet black and gorgeous. Thats how the car should have came from the factory. Initially they look very stiff and feel very stiff. Once you sit in them though it feels as though you are in the hands of the Lord himself. Very Very comfortable and very solid.

Tets Drive:
HOLY **** THESE ARE LOW!!! I cant see over the hood anymore. But man The lower feeling makes you feel like you have more control over the car. The WRX seats remind me of UPS drivers seats all hella high, but these are very aggressive. The seats held the speed test, and the drift test. I took a 20mph corner with a 55mph drift and for the first time I didnt have to grab the "Oh **** handle" the seats held me all the way through.

Score:
Quality 8/10
Comf. 10/10 (for a fixed back)
Strength 8/10
Style 9/10

·
Registered
196 Posts
Nice seat, looks great!

BTW why the gutted interior but still carpet, door panels, etc.

Also IIRC thats a 3point harness.. hence the 3 mounting points...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah im sorry I listed the wrong harness :)

Also for the carpet and such and door panels, I keep it to keep the cops off my ass. The rear being gutted they wont hastle you, but fully gutted they will haste the hell out of you. My Celica was fully gutted and Id get hastled for it.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
My god 115 pounds that is little. Anyways, where did you get the seat from? I have been wondering about all the parts needed to put them in a WRX? like the mounting brackets, sliders, stuff like that?? How much did it run you for everything?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jarelee said:
very nice Matt! Can't wait to sit in your seat and try out a sparco :D
Are you going to Irwindale this week? I will be there. This will be my first run with all the weight mods and my new SBC-iD setting. Hoping to hit 8.5's.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Ya. I think i'll be rolling out with my friends, but won't be running yet. Making a few exhaust changes....hopefully thas all done in like 2 weeks :D

I think 8.5's can be touched....is your uppipe leak all fixed?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Looks very nice!

Man, everything you have removed int ehb ack is teh same as me. I just would rather leave the door panels in and rear deck cover.

·
Registered
184 Posts
got a set of those in my integra with schroth 3 point harnesses also got another set in the next room that are suppose to go in the talon... got em while i was in Germany so cheap if i told you guys what i paid you'll probably cry.....

i like em had em in my integra almost 2 years.. and i even took 3+ hour trips in them and was quite comfortable.... they do sit rather low but the looks on peoples face when you open the door is worth it to me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
don't anchor them in the rear seatbelt bolts. you want them anchored less than 6" below your shoulders. since you aren't worried about using the rear seats anyway, at the very least get yourself a good harness bar so you can mount those harnesses right. otherwise you stand the chance of those harnesses trying to at the least snap your clavicles, and at the most crush you.

other than that they look good. IT'S HARNESS BAR TIME! :)

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Ideally you want harnesses as horzontally mounted as possible, 25deg is the max deviation. Other than getting a harness bar behind the seats, you can also look into getting an eyelet screw(FIA approved) fitted to where the rear seatbelts anchor over the shoulder. Of course, should you want to ever use the rear seats, you'd want easy clip-in mount rings.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
BoostedBoxer said:
i would love to get something like that but
more airbags=good
I'm the opposite, I personally feel that airbags were some of the worst things GM invented. They are expensive and in my opinion the money could be better spent making the car stronger(say strong integrative rollcage). The money could also be spent developing better harness systems(Ford is contemplating 4points). In the case of an off angle crash(enough to trigger airbag, but car still somewhat driveable) you have no chance of recovery as your arms are splayed away from the steering and your vision disappears as a big white bag smacks you in the face.

So I exaggerate, and so I'm old school.....I just wished that airbags were an option and that I could save the cost of those 4 we have for something else in the name of safety.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts