ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2007 Sti in Urban Grey and I like the spoiler but don't like the attention it draws. Where can I buy an OEM WRX spoiler to replace it and how hard is it to do yourself?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The STI wing utilizes 17 holes -- 16 mounting holes and one for the 3rd brake light wiring.

The WRX wing utilizes 5 holes -- 4 to mount and one for the 3rd brake light wiring.

The STI LTD utilizes 5 holes -- 4 to mount and one in the center as a centering point.

None of these wing mounting holes are compatible with one another.

You can either have the holes filled from the STI wing and new ones drilled for the WRX wing or the STI LTD wing; and the STI LTD wing kit comes with a 3rd brake light assembly for installation inside the vehicle cabin on the rear deck.

You can get a WRX wing from the dealer or another member that is selling one.

Or you can see if anyone is interested in swapping trunks from a WRX that has the WRX wing or a WRX or 2.5I that has a wingless trunk.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I wouldn't mount the STi limited wing without holes, all it would take is for someone to effortlessly tear it right off. There are 4 screws holding mine on.

·
Registered
448 Posts
if i wanted the attention id swap trunks with you... (07 UG wrx)... but i'm all stock and would feel like a poser... you could throw in a turbo back and AP and i'll swap with you!:p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts