ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ive been on the forum for about a month now but didnt have the chance to introduce myself, im sebastian i live in naples fl, currently have an 05 black pearl wrx, mods are injen catback, tein lowering springs, turbo xs bov, jdm short shifter, vf 39 turbo and some others.

<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

all comments are appreciated thanks :thumbup:

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
nice car what engine management do you have?

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
Nice car. One thing - the BOV will cause your car to run rich, and decrease the performance. Personally, I'd say ditch it and go back to the stock BPV. If you want to hear the turbo spool up more and the BPV release, I'd suggest doing the silencer delete (it's been discussed a bunch of times on here, just use the search).

Riosseb said:
engine management? noob question.. dont know exactly wat u mean
Engine management is pretty self-explanatory, if you ask me - it allows you to update the ECU for things like boost, air/fuel ratio, etc.

Examples include the Cobb AP, TurboXS UTEC, etc.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ill look into the bov and the silencer delete... ive only had the car for like 2 months now and im finding out what it has done to it.. its currently running 19-20 psi, idk how many hp it has... I only know about exterior performance and not deep into the engine...but im plannig to find out real soon

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
Riosseb said:
ill look into the bov and the silencer delete... ive only had the car for like 2 months now and im finding out what it has done to it.. its currently running 19-20 psi, idk how many hp it has... I only know about exterior performance and not deep into the engine...but im plannig to find out real soon
Stock WRX boost is around 14psi - what's putting it to 19 or 20? MBC? EM?

When you find out what other mods it has, let us know - stuff like a CAI, BOV, MBC, turbo timer are things you'll want to sell to put towards mods that will give you better performance.

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,139 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hey guys ive been on the forum for about a month now but didnt have the chance to introduce myself, im sebastian i live in naples fl, currently have an 05 black pearl wrx, mods are injen catback, tein lowering springs, turbo xs bov, jdm short shifter, vf 39 turbo and some others.
Is a down pipe among the other mods? I didn't know you could slap a vf39 on a wrx with the stock down pipe. Or if you could, would it even make sense too?

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
So your saying you have an upgraded turbo, and do not know what engine management is?:eek3:

I am guessing you had someone else do all this stuff for you?

Yeah and do you have the stock downpipe or is it after market?

Welcome!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks guys..the car has an aftermarket downpipe, my friend took a look at it yesterday, dont know what brand though but ill find out... and i bought the car with all the engine work it has mine has only been cosmetic, thats why i dont know what it has done to it.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
paint your subzero's black.

dont ask questions, just do it and thank me later!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts