ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help,

I live in NY and just picked up a 2012. I realize that the summer tires will perform poorly in snow. I also presume based on the rubber that when the temperature drops below freezing the stock tires also might not be safe. If the temperature statement is correct I am left with three seasons where temps drop below freezing. I like the idea of cheaper rims and winter tires. Is that what most people do?

I was also considering just putting on all seasons and taking off the original tires. They only have 200 miles on them so I could probably put them on craigslist I guess.

There is a major online tire store that will sell tire/wheel/tps as a package. Please could anyone respond or send me a PM. I am dazed and cunfused.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
The best route in my opinion is two sets of wheels and tires. All-seasons are decent at everything but great at nothing. Whereas dedicated winter and summer setups will give you the best performance in every season and each set of tires will, effectively, last twice as long.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
+1 two sets of wheels is what most of us do.

If you do not want to spend a lot of $ ,get a set of steelies & winter tires. And keep the stock wheels & tires for the summer.

Also where in NY are you located? If you are interested, I have a set of alloys (without tires) I can sell you for less.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts