ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't wait any longer for the AccessTunner...So I broke down and bought a UTEC. I have big plans for my car b4 school starts and I cant get nothing done w/o engine management. O'well, I just hope this COBB thing wont be a superior product compared to the UTEC:cool:
 

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
Joined
·
48,699 Posts
I have to admit that there's a certain temptation there. I'd love to get my VF34 tuned. To do it now would mean selling the AP and buying a UTEC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,682 Posts
Hey Ray,

Does AP 2.5 leave you feeling there's quite a bit more on the table for the VF34? Or are you thinking that Cobb will just take forever to get the "tuner" portion of AP's out to qualified peeps?

-tp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Or are you thinking that Cobb will just take forever to get the "tuner" portion of AP's out to qualified peeps?
Well I can tell you this, I'm blessed to live only 10mi away from Axis Power Racing and Ron there said that he has been trying to get his hands on the tunner software for a while now and that COBB has been real slow in the release procedure. I figure if a big tuner like Axis Power racing can't get nothing from COBB, we smaller enthusiasts are going to be up the creek w/o a paddle for a while:rolleyes:
 

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
Joined
·
48,699 Posts
Teep said:
Hey Ray,

Does AP 2.5 leave you feeling there's quite a bit more on the table for the VF34? Or are you thinking that Cobb will just take forever to get the "tuner" portion of AP's out to qualified peeps?
A little of both. Trey went WAY conservative on the VF34 map. I think he's afraid that someone who has the hammer down all the time will heatsoak the stock TMIC, and lead to a dangerous condition for the engine. I'm not complaining; the VF34 is a stopgap, and it works great. My car is very strong. But yeah, I can tell that it runs fairly rich, and that there's more power to be had out of this turbo with the right tuning. (I'm psychic that way) :)

I haven't made a decision to abandon Cobb; it's just in my nature to consider all possibilities. I love the Cobb reflashes; they seem inherently safer and smoother than other methods. I'd really like to stay on the Cobb path. But I have to say that if it gets to be winter time, and there's no Stage 3 map in sight, or no AccessTuner in sight, I might be jumping ship!:wiggles:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,070 Posts
RayfieldsWRX said:
A little of both. Trey went WAY conservative on the VF34 map. I think he's afraid that someone who has the hammer down all the time will heatsoak the stock TMIC, and lead to a dangerous condition for the engine. I'm not complaining; the VF34 is a stopgap, and it works great. My car is very strong. But yeah, I can tell that it runs fairly rich, and that there's more power to be had out of this turbo with the right tuning. (I'm psychic that way) :)

I haven't made a decision to abandon Cobb; it's just in my nature to consider all possibilities. I love the Cobb reflashes; they seem inherently safer and smoother than other methods. I'd really like to stay on the Cobb path. But I have to say that if it gets to be winter time, and there's no Stage 3 map in sight, or no AccessTuner in sight, I might be jumping ship!:wiggles:
Once they get all the back orders out of the way i wouldnt be surprised if there are new maps coming soon.
 

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
Joined
·
48,699 Posts
Jack said:
Once they get all the back orders out of the way i wouldnt be surprised if there are new maps coming soon.
From your mouth to God's ears. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
I've read of multiple people using a Cobb map that Trey emailed them for a ported and polished vf34, sti injectors, and a TXS topmount. Why doesn't Cobb just post maps like these on their website, recognizing that they are viable alternatives to their continuously delayed stage 3? I don't care if my topmount says "Cobb" on it or not. I'm sure their stage 3 map will be different if it is tuned for a larger TMIC or other options, but TXS topmounts are easy to get, as are ported and polished vf34's. We're not talking about exotic mods here.

If there is a map out there that was tuned for the components, please give it to us now that we have a way of using them quickly!
 

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
Joined
·
48,699 Posts
I've heard of Trey agreeing to take Deltadash data from your car and creating a custom map for you. I hadn't heard that they were disseminating quasi-Stage 3 maps. Perhaps they don't advertise them because it would take away from the eventual marketing value of their Stage 3 release?

I just wish that a new TMIC wasn't so damned expensive.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top