Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else feel that the first episode of Sopranos season four was sort of weak? Especially after so long of a hiatus.... I expected something of substance to happen to re-snag our interest and all we got was (well, I should probably avoid spoilers....) but if you saw it, you know nothing much happened, and what did happen was unpleasant. It seemed that none of the humor that we all know and love was there at all. I went to bed dissappointed and depressed. Hopefully Episode 4-2 will be better.... any thoughts? Was I just being a grump?

·
1,377 Posts
No, you're right. It sucked. I was semi-distracted while watching it so I gave it another try on the replay... still sucked.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I like it...set up alot of different story lines to take place throughout the season.

Uncle Jun's problems
Chris' anxiety
Ton's plans for cris that cris doesn't know. hence the previous
And lets not forget...meadow's new friend..ohhh

No I am not a Sopranos nut....:D

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
They've been gone so long, I think they were just trying to reestablish the story line and the characters. Next episode will be better. If it's not, I'll buy you a beer.

misterx

·
Registered
220 Posts
AutoXJunkie said:
Does anyone else feel that the first episode of Sopranos season four was sort of weak? Especially after so long of a hiatus.... I expected something of substance to happen to re-snag our interest and all we got was (well, I should probably avoid spoilers....) but if you saw it, you know nothing much happened, and what did happen was unpleasant. It seemed that none of the humor that we all know and love was there at all. I went to bed dissappointed and depressed. Hopefully Episode 4-2 will be better.... any thoughts? Was I just being a grump?
Yeah....sorry about this mister but I havent seen a lick of that Sopranos joint. But I wouldnt be surprised if they have a fourth season. HOLLA!!!!!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I think if the producers want it to, the Sopranos will be on for many more seasons.

Look at the emmeys. Sopranos always wins. the show is that good.

Give it a try. I guarantee, it's going to grow on you.

misterx

·
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MisterX said:
I think if the producers want it to, the Sopranos will be on for many more seasons.
Word has it that David Chase is planning to pull the plug on it at the end of Season 5. Probably a good move, IMO, because after five seasons, a show tends to get either boring or ridiculous, and I'm not so sure The Sopranos would be exempt. I'd love to see a full-length Sopranos movie, though.

MisterX said:
They've been gone so long, I think they were just trying to reestablish the story line and the characters. Next episode will be better. If it's not, I'll buy you a beer.
That's a good point, I hadn't thought about that. About the beer, though, I'm gonna hold you to it! :D

Anyone got any Sopranos predictions? Who's the next major character to get whacked?

My only guess so far is that the cute female FBI agent hanging out with Adriana is gonna die. As soon as I saw that she had a baby, I knew it was all over for her. :(

Any other predictions?

·
Registered
220 Posts
MisterX said:

Look at the emmeys. Sopranos always wins. the show is that good.

Give it a try. I guarantee, it's going to grow on you.

misterx
Most Def!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Well, tonight is the night for episode 2. Who else is going to watch?

I think Ralphie is the next wackee.

misterx

·
Registered
473 Posts
Before tonight I would have said Paulie Walnuts was most likely to get clipped, but now I'd have to say Patsy is between a rock and a hard place.

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
Capacole

i think paulie is going to stay alive, and align (kind of already has) with johnny sack.

the war b/w north jersey and new york is going to be awesome. next week the shi+ starts to hit the fan, as big mouth paulie tells johnny about the joke they had on johnny's wife. (95 lb. mole on her a$$)

i love this show, episode 2 was really good, and this season is only getting better.

dR

·
Registered
416 Posts
So what is Christophers girl going to do? Think she is going to fold, expecially after vomiting all over the FBI agents like that? If I was in her shoes I would have to say hell no. You have to figure that you are going to get the same lawyers the rest of the family gets right...

·
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
(spoiler warning!)

Props to the X!!!!

Hooooollllyyyy cow. I can't get over last night, WHAT the HECK? Tony is soooo losing it, man. I have to wonder if David Chase is planning to end the series like a Shakesperian tragedy, with Tony as the good king with the fatal flaw. Moreover, I wonder if he's planning to end the series after this season!! He beats up his strongest political connection, he strangles his top earner, he alienates his old-line support and appoints a smackhead as his heir apparent... can he screw up any worse?

Crikey!

So, great zoltan, any more predictions??

·
Registered
166 Posts
Tony will end the series by getting whacked in the very last episode to say farewell. By this time, Christopher will have either straightened up his act to take over or gotten whacked himself. Fuirio will end up taking care of Carmella.

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
i think we all know what "taking care of" means. :D

i can't believe this show. i get more and more excited every week. i hope chris cleans up his act though. passing out on the side of the road with a needle in your arm is BAD NEWS lurking.

Mr. X. you are truly clarevoyant (sp?) <worship>

dR

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Here's another prediction!

For those of you who wish to watch the remaining shows while fostering a sense of mystery, STOP READING NOW!

OK

Furio is going to wack Tony SO he can take care of Carmella. He'll have another reason or excuse that makes the opportunity to do the wacking.

Carmella is prepared for Tony's passing. She's got some money!

misterx

·
Registered
166 Posts
MisterX said:
Here's another prediction!

For those of you who wish to watch the remaining shows while fostering a sense of mystery, STOP READING NOW!

OK

Furio is going to wack Tony SO he can take care of Carmella. He'll have another reason or excuse that makes the opportunity to do the wacking.

Carmella is prepared for Tony's passing. She's got some money!

misterx
You read my mind. Fuirio was probably meeting with his former hot italian lady boss back in Naples and are plotting to come to America to unseat these helpless Americans.

Of course, one day AJ will grow up and will get his revenge on the man who whacked his dad and sleeps with his mommy.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had heard Tony was going to leave the show. Something about it was too violent or something. I couldnt imagine the show without him. If Furio whacks him, that would fit the story good.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts