ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
soooo whack!! my first gear just went out. im sad now.... all the other gears work fine. i dont know what to do. im really tight on cash right now. should i just buy 1st gear? or should i replace 1st and 2nd with aftermarket gears. hmm. what would you do in this situation.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Quite honestly even though it will cost I'd do the full set all at once but I'd be putting RA gears in myself. If you wait some extra parts may be floating around and ruin the other gears anyway. 1st and 2nd do seem to be the gears that require replacement. 3 4 and 5 seem to be ok. I'd personally keep 5 and maybe 4 from the stock set and only use 1 2 and 3 from the RA.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i guess its kew for now because i get to drive my bro's sti while he is in guam on military leave. i have some time to save up some money. i wonder how much all of this is going to cost me. heh...

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
WRX13oy said:
i guess its kew for now because i get to drive my bro's sti while he is in guam on military leave. i have some time to save up some money. i wonder how much all of this is going to cost me. heh...
Steal his tranny while he's gone!

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha. sux now. cas driving the sti makes me want to get one now. i love how it just has gobs of power. especially when the a/c is on. grrr. ohh well. ill just mod my car till it blows up. then ill swap in the usdm sti block. that would be pretty cool. as of right now, my car is just sitting in the garage and i have to take it to the dealer on friday to have them check to see if i "abused" the car. hopfully they fix it under warranty. if not, ill just bust my ass of to save up money for sti ra gears. (sux, i wont be able to get my turbo upgrade...)

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok. my car is at the dealer right now and they are checking to see if i "abused" the car.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
fvck!!! i got denied of my warranty.. and they want me to pay $2k for the repair.. fvck that. imma get sti ra gears.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mann. this is whack. im not able to get the sti ra gears so im going with the stock ones. subaru is charging me $2600 for the whole fix. im sad :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts