ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently trying to sell my Mopar (300c srt8) so I can put my order in for a 2012 WRX. Im needing to get something more fuel efficiant and smaller. I test drove an STI and a WRX and I loved them both but will likely go with the WRX. I am very excited and cant wait to start posting and meeting some new people!

·
Not Asian
1,069 Posts
Welcome future Subaru fan. Bet that 300C had some fun days on the road.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it was a lot of fun and I will miss it but I have a new found love for the WRX, cant wait to get it! Still kind of on the fence about whether or not I want an STI or WRX.

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the Club! :wave:

Yeah it was a lot of fun and I will miss it but I have a new found love for the WRX, cant wait to get it! Still kind of on the fence about whether or not I want an STI or WRX.
The WRX is the better daily driver and nearly as fast despite the hp #s Subaru puts out.

The STi makes for a good track day (road course, not drag) car with Brembo brakes and a stronger 6 speed.

If you can comfortably afford the STi, go for that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks that makes my decision a lot easier. Its going to be a daily driver for me so I will likely go with the WRX and just do a couple simple mods. I really want that SPT exhaust, short throw shifter and maybe a cold air intake. I got so much money tied up in my 300, this time Im gonna keep it simple.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah this is true problem is my wife, she already made it clear that she would trade ME in for a new model if I go crazy with it lol.

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
Well good luck with both (new WRX - keeping it simple).

The biggest shortcomings of the WRX is the understeer prone suspension and body roll. Stiffer springs and more sway bar will fix that.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I am currently trying to sell my Mopar (300c srt8) so I can put my order in for a 2012 WRX. Im needing to get something more fuel efficiant and smaller. I test drove an STI and a WRX and I loved them both but will likely go with the WRX. I am very excited and cant wait to start posting and meeting some new people!
Hey man, I'm a fellow SRT8/10 owner. You will love the WRX. I bought it as a DD as well. But didn't sell the 300 or SRT10. Mopar or no car right? Kidding... Congrats and you would love the WRX for sure!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Your lucky to be able to keep your 300. We are hopefully picking up the WRX this coming weekend so we will have both cars for a little while and believe me Im going to try to convince her to keep them both. Im also going to try not to do a lot of mods like I did with the 300. I am however going to add the short throw shifter and SPT exhaust and maybe the boost gauge from the factory. Other than that like I said Im going to TRY to keep it simple. I cant wait to get this car!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts