ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys, I am planning on buying a WRX this summer, probably a 2004-2006. So I just figured i'd throw a post out there and just get some extra info from some Subaru owners. I know alot about the cars as they are one of my favorites and I was just wondering what I need to look for or what I should look for in buying one used. As well as any mods I should do first after purchasing one. Thanks

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Hi there!

Take a look at the buying subforum, especially at the sticky threads therein (such as my nice checklist that can also be found by looking at my signature).

There's also a first mods thread (for which I don't have a link easily on hand), but basically, if you have a 2.0l wrx, ditch the cat in the uppipe, then look into tuning, and perhaps more exhaust work.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Find one that's stock.

·
The Member
4,146 Posts
Find one that's stock.
+one million!

Seriously this is the #1 thing you should be looking for. As for mods, depends on what your goals are. Some only do suspension mods and are very happy. Decide what your end goal is first then mod away :)

Good luck with your search!

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
Don't get one.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Welcome i agree with trying to find a stock one

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
Get one as unmolested as you can find.. if you have to pay a lil extra to get that cherry car.. DO IT. it'll save you in the long run.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts