Subaru WRX Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
SonicYellowWRX said:
there are 2 yellows, both limited production, but in different years.

2002 was blaze yellow. lighter color, kinda like a sponge or a post it note.

2003 is sonic yellow. deeper, richer color, with more orange in it.

I know we have Blaze WRX on here... you can compare our pictures if you wish.
I drive by the Subie Dealership in Olathe everyday on the way to work, and I've noticed this very different yellow colored WRX that if my truck was ready to sell, it'd be out the door and that bad-boy would be in my driveway right now. From your description, it sounds like it's the Sonic Yellow, but it looks different than your pics. Sure it's the lighting, but either way, they both look bad ass!!

Me likey... me likey alot! :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yup, the one at the dealership I drive by everyday is Sonic Yellow, I stopped today and looked. :) Actually had a salesman come out and talk to me about it. Told him I was just looking, but would probably be looking to get one next summer...

Salesman: "Oh, well we should have the STi's by then".

·
Registered
160 Posts
which do u perfer 02' or 03' why?

·
Registered
47 Posts
That looks like a real picture of the new 03 sonic yellow to me. I heard from the grape vine that there will be 200 of these released in the U.S. There is an illuminated ignition switch, that's the difference between 02 & 03. Oh, and they will start out $200 more than 02's. They sonic yellow on the other hand will be going for much more than the rest. The one I saw was listed for $30k:confused: because it's a limited edition.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.