Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I go out to my car this morning, parked at my girlfriends apartment complex, to find my door lock all jacked up. So my deductable is $250 and I have no idea how much this is going to cost me. My alarm didn't even go off and I just paid the dealership $90 to fix it because it stopped working.

Here are some pictures:

·
Registered
641 Posts
wow Judah. My condolense. I know how that feels. Someone broke into my car and stole my gym bag and radio. Lucky me not my car or the stuff in my trunk. File a report if you can. Just so the police knows about it. There maybe a rash of stolen cars in your area and it's good for them to know.

-LostLamb

·
Banned
1,275 Posts
Stealing from people is retarded!
There is this guy at my moms work who just came from russia, to get trained in some sort of machine work. Well his backpack was stolen with, all his cash, visas, passport, cc, everything. FROM A CHURCH! Then he bought a car from a ministers friend, and had to put some money into it so it would pass emmisions test.
:mad:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hate people that steal.

When I had my Jeep, it was parked in my driveway and someone broke my window, ripped apart my dash, and stole my stereo. Now someone is trying to steal my car. I keep wondering if something made them stop and if they are going to come back.

I am still mad at the dealership because they have no idea what they are doing when it comes to working on cars. Don't you think the alarm should have gone off with that done to it?

Just ranting.
Justin

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
This sort of damage is covered by the comprehensive part of your insurance policy and is noft subject to a deductable.

Try calling your agent.

misterx

·
Registered
538 Posts
Deductible

MisterX said:
This sort of damage is covered by the comprehensive part of your insurance policy and is noft subject to a deductable.

Try calling your agent.

misterx
misterx,

Your policy may not have a deductible on Comprehensive, but mine sure does. I'm willing to bet that many others do, as well. Please be careful when making absolute statements. Some people take what they read on-line to be gospel.

Peace,

Curtis

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep,

my comprehensive has a deductable of $250.

it's not the end of the world, 'm still pissed, but I will now start saving for an upgraded security system.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
:-(

Where do you live? I had my '90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD stolen from my apartment complex ~10 years ago in Northern California (Sacramento). :( GRRRR...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Dude that soooo sucks. Subaru security system is a BIG FAT P.O.S.!!!!!!!! It has really weak sensors. I got rid of mine and got a Viper 700ESP. Even if they get into my car they have to deal with the 3 cut off switches that also come with the alarm ( ignition, fuel, and steering lock switch ). My insurance also cut my rate after I installed it.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Hey Judah...Where in Colorado? We can start a Scooby Security Net. One I-club member's RS got stolen from Auraria Campus a few months back....

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
You guys just taught me something about auto insurance. I had never had a deductable on comprehensive coverage. I carried my coverages here to VA from PA where insurance laws are pretty good. Perhaps it's a law in PA, but I doubt it.

Anyway, sorry about the goof up.

misterx

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
djrez: I live in Arvada. I remember getting an e-mail from Kurt about his RS getting stolen (went to high school with him).

So I think it is time to invest in a new security system, O-wood suggested the Viper 700ESP, anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Justin

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Judah -- Hey. Sorry to hear that happened to your car, at least you are still with it. I definitly agree that who has the right to steal, and what does that say about the person who does it? I hope you never have to go through this ordeal again because somebody decided to prey on your car. D'oh! Good luck getting it sorted out.

-Josh

·
Registered
785 Posts
Judah,

I'd also have a talk with the dealership about you car almost getting stolen and the alarm they SUPPOSEDLY FIXED not going off! They may be willing to get you some new locks for free or at least discounted. It never hurts to ask.

·
Registered
308 Posts
To quote a popular movie we all know.

"It would be worth someone trying to steal my car, just so I could catch them" :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cliff,

I talked to Mark at Flatirons and that guy is the biggest retard I have ever talked to. He is there every time I bring my car in. He didn't believe me about my clutch rattling until I took him for a drive. Then I called yesterday, let them know everything, and he acted as if I was wasting his time by telling him my story. I hate talking to anyone there except Bret.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Judah said:
So I think it is time to invest in a new security system, O-wood suggested the Viper 700ESP, anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Justin
That's the most secure system Viper makes. It will activiate itself after two minutes, should you forget to turn it on after you leave your car. I have mine programed to activate after my turbo timer turns off the car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts