Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Walked outside today and found, to my dismay, that someone swiped my rear bumper and scratched it all up. It's only paint damage and seems to be only isolated to the bumper and not the fender. The loser that hit me neglected to stick around so I'm left to deal with this on my own. Any idea on how much this might cost? I have an 03 silver WRX Wagon. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. At least you've gotten ride of all of your bad luck in one fell swoop. The rest of your '03 is going to be golden! :D

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sorry about your car, not a great start to a New Year, but hopefully it means that the year can only get better.

Anyway, if the paintshop can re-do just the scratched up part, than it should not be too expensive.

Had someone with a tow bar reversed into my front bumper, left a 5" scratch just above the number plate, it costed my $70 AUD to get that part resprayed, you can't even see or feel a scratch there at all.

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
kjw1949 said:
Walked outside today and found, to my dismay, that someone swiped my rear bumper and scratched it all up. It's only paint damage and seems to be only isolated to the bumper and not the fender. The loser that hit me neglected to stick around so I'm left to deal with this on my own. Any idea on how much this might cost? I have an 03 silver WRX Wagon. Thanks.
That happened to me :( It was just a big scratch like you described. The bodyshop had to repaint the entire bumper and cost me about $500! :mad: I decided to just pay it myself so I wouldn't have to deal with insurance, but you might wanna see if your insurance will cover at least some of the cost.

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
kjw1949 said:
Hmmm...yeah mine was about the same, but the gash was a little bigger. I feel your pain :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Save the money and say you clipped a tree on a backroad going 70 :D

I have something like that but on the other side, due to a random concrete pillar someone plopped into the middle of a parking lane at DFW airport :mad:

·
Registered
641 Posts
Save your money. You can buff out most of it with clay and wax, and if you really want a shine get polish.
Buff = highspeed grinder and/or waxing machine...not hand!

-LostLamb

1 - 11 of 11 Posts