Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OH yeah I'm going to de-badge the "Subaru" when I get my car back from the dealer. My neightbor roberto "berto" has some liquid that removes the sticky stuff after taking out the badge and it's really easy actaully, I'll take some pictures too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think they might have some instructions for that in i-club under mods..not positive though.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Actually, I already debadged my "SUBARU" from the back. It's quite simple. All that I used was :

A)Blow Dryer
B)Dental Floss

I recommend you doing this in your garage, if you do not want people looking at you like you're a nut blow drying your car. :D

Anyways, the method I chose was to heat up each letter individually for ~3-5 minutes. The longer you do it, the better.

After the letter has been heated, I used the dental floss to remove the letter. Just place the floss between the letter and the body of the car and "floss" to remove it. The badge is held on by double sided foam tape, so the longer you heat it up the easier it is to remove.

The left over tape that was still stuck on the body of the vehicle, I just heated it up with the blow dryer again and removed with my fingers.

For the finishing touches, I cleaned everything up by using Meguires quick mist detailer -- sprayed it on, wiped it off, and you're all done. Looks like the badge was never there. True JDM look.

Took only ~20 minutes.

ryan

·
Registered
155 Posts
No Just the "S-U-B-A-R-U" silver letters.

here's a pic of the JDM WRX:

and the STi:

[ May 17, 2001: Message edited by: Mt_Fuji ]

·
Registered
146 Posts
I debadged a while ago... kind of wish I left the Impreza on there though.. the WRX looks like it's placed too high w/o it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Letters could be put back on probably using
3M's double sided tape.

·
Registered
554 Posts
The day after I got my Silver WRX I took SUBARU off the back. I just carefully pulled each letter up. It wasn't a real hot day, but it was sitting in the sun all morning. Each most of the letters came off no problem. I think 2 of them left a little tape on the car but it also peeled right off. Then just a little water on a soft clothe got rid of the little dirt outline and you can't even tell it was their.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah i think it looks better w/o the "Subaru." I remember when my friend took off the "Prelude" off his 97 Turbo Prelude and it looked pretty nice. Hey there's a little "Subaru" Sticker by wehre the keyhole and that looks pretty cool.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Well, I am thinking of trying to make a screen type thing to cover the Intercooler from rocks and bugs when I'm flying down the freeway. Any good ideas, obviously some screen and zip ties would work, but has anyone thought of a nicer looking way? :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Okay I dont like the big SUBARU in the back but dont some of you think it looks a little bare without something there? I was thinking about putting a pink star cluster emblem near the top or maybe moving the WRX over to the middle center. Can anyone photoshop something like that?

·
Registered
178 Posts
it looks nice but i won't debadge the car. it might sound silly, but i plan to keep it as part of my collection (blaze yellow). this is my second car in my collection. i learned not to depreciate the value anymore by taking things away. i will add stuff, but not take away from its originality.

just my choice. but i do like it without it. :cool:

btw, i like that windshield wiper in the rear. it's useful. now thats an upgrade that i will look into. might be expensive since the window will have to be replaced too.

[ May 18, 2001: Message edited by: r-u'mprzd? ]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey we live in sunny california i dont 'think the rear windshield wiper is a very good investment, but it is something that I woulnd't mind having.

·
Registered
178 Posts
i think it is when you wake up in the morning, start your car, look in the rear view and you can't see out of it because of the dew. unless you have it garaged, you won't have any dew on your car. besides, i might be going back to te east coast to deal with some snow. :(
then it will really pay off.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think THE JDM "Subaru" badge is probably a sticker, never really got a good look up close.

·
Registered
155 Posts
If you debadge, you gain an extra 5hp
:D :D :eek:

·
Registered
73 Posts
This may sound stupid, but what does JDM stand for??

1 - 20 of 22 Posts