ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres some pics in teh snow. i dont have a shoop or anything so be easy on the flamin. just ordered tein s-techs as well, lemme know what u think. :thumbup:

·
Registered
243 Posts
I would imagine everyone is gonna tell you not to put s-techs on your car and that this should be posted in the off topic forum. nice bugeye tho!

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
OMG red bugeyes are SEX

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha thanks guys....yea this is our first "real" snow of the year...im pretty excited about tomorrow, no class at USI and a bunch of free time hehe...

do the s-techs suck that bad?:confused: i was under the impression most people with subarus liked them.

·
Registered
243 Posts
well i've never ridden in a subie with s-techs, and i know a couple guys that have them on other cars( a 240 and an accord) and they liked them pretty good. However, due to the geometry of the subaru's suspension design, many people say the s-techs lower the wrx way too much and voids out most of the suspension's usability. there are tons of threads on nasioc about how crappy they are on our cars.the S-tech is tein's "styling master" spring. Their H-tech is the "handling master." The s-tech is more of an appearance mod than it is a performance mod. If that's what you're going for, then they might be alright for you, but if you're going for performance first and appearance second, I would look elsewhere.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i've never ridden in a subie with s-techs, and i know a couple guys that have them on other cars( a 240 and an accord) and they liked them pretty good. However, due to the geometry of the subaru's suspension design, many people say the s-techs lower the wrx way too much and voids out most of the suspension's usability. there are tons of threads on nasioc about how crappy they are on our cars.the S-tech is tein's "styling master" spring. Their H-tech is the "handling master." The s-tech is more of an appearance mod than it is a performance mod. If that's what you're going for, then they might be alright for you, but if you're going for performance first and appearance second, I would look elsewhere.

yea after reading up on them, i think i may go with some tokico struts(as apparently the s-techs ruin our stock struts.) ill have to do some more research though. thanks for the info man.

*ps* thanks for the compliments guys!:thumbup:

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
yea after reading up on them, i think i may go with some tokico struts(as apparently the s-techs ruin our stock struts.) ill have to do some more research though. thanks for the info man.

*ps* thanks for the compliments guys!:thumbup:
When you drop a WRX near 2 inches, it puts soooo much more stress on the struts than they are intended for, so they will blow out pretty quickly. S-Techs aren't good at all for them. Expect to have a pretty rough ride with the S Techs, and if you keep getting snow, a much lower car isn't gonna be all that fun. WRX-Plow:tongue:

H-Techs would be the best bet if you want performance, that or Eibach Pro-Kit or STI Pinks. Those all are even ok for the Stock struts as well as they all lower about an inch, but firm up the spring rates for better handling (without screwing up the geometry of the suspension)

But Tokico's are good...Koni's are good as well.

·
Hammerdown Mod of Thunder
24,012 Posts
Cool pics.Enjoy that snow.:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts