Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. So in my 2016 WRX, the shifter has a slight looseness and can be move back and forth a bit whether in gear or neutral (but zero side to side play). It's about a .5 - 1 inch movement and isn't loose enough to actually move around while the car is in motion. Is this my bushings starting to go or is this normal for '16 wrxs?

Thanks ;)

· Registered
56 Posts
Its normal, the OEM bushing is made out of rubber and it is a common mod where people change it to brass. You can find many videos online regarding Shifter bushing install. I have it installed on mine and it is a very cheap mod. Look for perrin shifter bushing for 2015 WRX.

· Registered
90 Posts
Hi everyone. So in my 2016 WRX, the shifter has a slight looseness and can be move back and forth a bit whether in gear or neutral (but zero side to side play). It's about a .5 - 1 inch movement and isn't loose enough to actually move around while the car is in motion. Is this my bushings starting to go or is this normal for '16 wrxs?

Thanks
The perrin shift stop only helps 1/2 gear side to side play. You'll still experience the up and down movement because of it being a cable based shifter.

· Registered
2 Posts
2017 WRX here. I installed the Perrin shift stop and bushing about 3 weeks back after driving stock for 1 week. Felt the improved feel in the gearbox. Noticed today about a .5-1" front to back play in the shifter. Same amount of play if I am in neutral or if I am in gear. Left to right/ side to side play remains unchanged since the shift stop install. I am not sure if I've been living with this slight play all along and never noticed or if something from the bushing install came loose/shifter is loosening up as I break the car in. Feels like it should be tighter. Sounds normal from the above replies. Thoughts? Opinions? How much front to back play is in your shifter?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.