ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are some people who are really bad at parking, but people who can't park next to one car in an empty lot is pretty unbelievable. I parked at a University parking lot at around 7:30 in the morning and had parked closest to the main buildings where there were no other cars. I come out after a about two hours and find the University Police Department business card sitting on the driver's side of the window on my car and this on the passenger side:

Every spot around my WRX was open and this happens. I'd be fine with a dent, but the bumper looks like it's coming off and the paint....... :( I usually park away from other cars in parking lots and all the dirt is from snow/salt.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Boy, sorry to see/hear this. But! At least they left a card and didn't just jump ship, though maybe a bad driver definitely a good person. call em up and get it fixed - they'll pay for it. Good luck.

·
Registered
902 Posts
That is a bummer. It seems like the harder you try to keep a car away from bone head drivers the more stuff happens.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Ballz.. Was the card from the driver that hit you wanting to get it sorted? Some body work and paint and you'll be good as new.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I talked to the Police Officer that took the call from the girl who hit my car the day it happened. According to the officer, the girl told her that she did this:

I actually started laughing because that mark was done by the shop that put on my All Season tires at the beginning of December. I took a picture of my car two weeks ago and you can slightly see the mark there already, which is at the right corner of the front bumper.

Also, the officer was giving me an attitude when I asked her to file a police report. It's been a week since this happened and she kept saying that I should've called her right away, which I did. I left about five or six voicemails and my Dad called her as well and left his messages a few times too. The one part where I almost lost it was when she said that I would have to pay for the damages. I hate Michigan Insurance..

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Wow, that sucks!

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
Sorry for your luck, man. But you're dealing with the "University Police Department"? Dude, call a 'real' cop to file the report and get this sorted out. "Real" cops can even see what insurance she has, so you can call them and report her. I had an old drunk lady back up onto my old Z and drive away. I followed her, but she wouldn't come out of her house. So I called the cops. They also couldn't get her to come out. I think she was avoiding a DUI charge. So he looked up all of her registration and insurance info just by having her tag number. I called her insurance company and they took care of it. She also got charged with a "hit and run" (aka leaving the scene of an accident)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Sucks to see that this happened to you car. University parking lots are where cars go to die IMO lol. I would take Greg's advice and call the real cops and filing with them. Looks like damage can be worked out of the fender so it'll look as good as new. They'll probably repaint your bumper too so where your damage is from the tire shop will likely be fixed. Good luck!

·
Registered
48 Posts
WOW sorry to hear and see this too, i try my best to avoid people, but the fact is people dont avoid you...

on a side note, what type of light did you use for your side markers/turning signals? looks really good! esp on SWP

·
Registered
130 Posts
sorry to hear about the damage. Not to hijack the tread but may be you feel a lil better comparing yours to my damage, j/k:)
See what happen to me earlier this week. Drove in my lane 2 cars away from the light, the old fart in Q7 Audi decide not to wait for the car in front to make left turn and simply pulled into my lane striking my car in the driver side rear wheel, quarter panel and door. He had enough guts to ask me why I hit him and that I was driving my car too fast and he can't see me, wtf! How did I hit him?? Swing my car rear driver side into his freakin front wheel. I can understand he didn't see me, may be dead zone or something, it may happen to anyone, but don't lie to my face a#4wipe. Anyway, got police report today, found insurance phone number by code on report and schedule appraisal of my damage for tomorrow morning. I prefer to deal with his company instead of mine, so I don't have to spend 1K deductible and than wait for it to be return.
Here is my damage..
Sorry for rant in your thread and good luck with fix
Alex
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WOW sorry to hear and see this too, i try my best to avoid people, but the fact is people dont avoid you...

on a side note, what type of light did you use for your side markers/turning signals? looks really good! esp on SWP
They're the Switchback LED Turn Signals. I got them from MachV. Here's the link:

Color-Changing LED Turn Signal Bulbs - Lighting

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sorry to hear about the damage. Not to hijack the tread but may be you feel a lil better comparing yours to my damage, j/k:)
See what happen to me earlier this week. Drove in my lane 2 cars away from the light, the old fart in Q7 Audi decide not to wait for the car in front to make left turn and simply pulled into my lane striking my car in the driver side rear wheel, quarter panel and door. He had enough guts to ask me why I hit him and that I was driving my car too fast and he can't see me, wtf! How did I hit him?? Swing my car rear driver side into his freakin front wheel. I can understand he didn't see me, may be dead zone or something, it may happen to anyone, but don't lie to my face a#4wipe. Anyway, got police report today, found insurance phone number by code on report and schedule appraisal of my damage for tomorrow morning. I prefer to deal with his company instead of mine, so I don't have to spend 1K deductible and than wait for it to be return.
Here is my damage..
Sorry for rant in your thread and good luck with fix
Alex
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
Oh man! I'm glad you're okay though. I'd be furious if that was me. As long as you can get it fixed soon. Hell, I get so angry from just taking a little glance at my car. :mad:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Man I'm sorry. Two people rear-ended me (when I was stopped to make a turn) and totaled my car in October. I went through my insurance company because I was told it would be faster than dealing with the other two companies. Because I went through my insurance company I had to pay the deductible; I was assured that I would be payed back by whoever's company admits liability. Its been almost 4 months and I still haven't been reimbursed for my deductible or the rental car fees because the two people that hit me are too busy arguing about who hit me first...

It really blows when people can't just admit they did something wrong. I hope everything gets straightened out for you without too much hassle. Good luck and keep us updated!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2 people?? That is crazy. Shouldn't they both pay for hitting you though? That's how I would see it. At least you're alright!

I talked to the insurance company and I'm dropping the car off and picking up a Mazda 6 on Monday. I honestly believe I'm going to crash because I'm so used to manuals now. LOL.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah, I'm really glad I am alright, the old subie did a good job.

1 girl hit me and then another rear ended her. I guess technically thats just one person haha. The girl in the middle claims she was stopped and the girl on the end claims she wasn't which is the problem I think.

A Mazda 6 huh? Have fun with that one ;). Any word on when you will get your car back or whats the deal with the person who hit you?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts