IMG_9888.JPG
IMG_9889.JPG
IMG_9890.JPG
IMG_9891.JPG

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,073 Posts
Great ads!

The Yamaha wording doesn't stand modern scrutiny -- that's probably the best ad of the lot as a result.

So when they were both new, a 1967 BSA (assuming it ran) was as quick as a 2001-2002 export market bugeye WRX. Depressing. I wonder how much money a mint version of either would fetch today.

Thanks very much for posting these!

·
Æternum
20,421 Posts
Great ads!

The Yamaha wording doesn't stand modern scrutiny -- that's probably the best ad of the lot as a result.

So when they were both new, a 1967 BSA (assuming it ran) was as quick as a 2001-2002 export market bugeye WRX. Depressing. I wonder how much money a mint version of either would fetch today.

Mint BSA Spitfires and Norton Commandos can fetch upwards of $20k USD.

The reason for the astronomical pricing is identical to the Bugeye phenomenon. Similar to Bugeyes, it's near impossible to find a BSA or Norton that hasn't been chopped, scramblerized, or cafe'd. Oh the horror.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Hammerdown Mod of Thunder
23,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great ads!

I cut those out of Hot Rod and Car Craft magazines when I was only 11 or 12 years old. Found them in an old box while cleaning out the attic.

·
Æternum
20,421 Posts
Nice. I'm a huge motorcycle geek. That's my true passion these days. I own a (relatively) modern BMW R1200GS and a vintage 1983 BMW R80RT.

I'm a big fan of the retro-modern movement. Clearly I also love my Boxer engines as both BMWs are boxer twins. Have you seen this bike (just officially announced by BMW last week)?

·
23,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That bike rules! I had not seen it, just awesome!

·
29,073 Posts
Mint BSA Spitfires and Norton Commandos can fetch upwards of $20k USD.

The reason for the astronomical pricing is identical to the Bugeye phenomenon. Similar to Bugeyes, it's near impossible to find a BSA or Norton that hasn't been chopped, scramblerized, or cafe'd.
Ha!

Today I got my bugeye inspected at a smog testing station. The guy looked over the car and looked at me and was bewildered. He was laughing. He didn't remember seeing a stock bugeye WRX before!

I'd buy a boxer BMW aircooled with a full fairing, probably. Nostalgia.

·
23,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ha!

Today I got my bugeye inspected at a smog testing station. The guy looked over the car and looked at me and was bewildered. He was laughing. He didn't remember seeing a stock bugeye WRX before!

I'd buy a boxer BMW aircooled with a full fairing, probably. Nostalgia.
1622617_666225586754200_435021568_n.jpg

·
29,073 Posts
That's so pretty!

·
Premium Member
10,935 Posts
I always wanted to ride a bike with a sidecar. But I know myself and it would be more like the TT sidecar and less like sane man in sidecar.

·
29,073 Posts
I've always wanted to ride a wheeled grand piano through the intersection of Superior Blvd and PCH in Newport Beach, especially on a Friday afternoon when it's packed. Weeeee!!!!! A white Steinway Model D Concert Grand.

·
Premium Member
10,935 Posts
Like naked knee up hand on palm cruise or Billy Joel piano man jamming pulling a wheelie

·
29,073 Posts
Ah, yes, well you see I’ve thought of that. My normal go-to would be my white Marilyn Monroe dress, but not on a white Steinway Model D concert piano. I’d almost certainly instead select something black and chic, perhaps one of the Givenchy outfits worn by Audrey Hepburn.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts