ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes, I know I was an idiot for having the family mechanic install the uppipe, and I am really kicking myself over it, especially now that the "noise" I discovered turned out to be a leak :( I am taking it back to him in a couple days, and I was wondering if you guys had any advice that I could tell him so the leak doesn't re-occur during the reinstall. Also, do you think it would be a good idea to get (yet) another set of new gaskets, or maybe some fireseal for the gaskets? Thanks.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
VitaminWRX said:
yes, I know I was an idiot for having the family mechanic install the uppipe, and I am really kicking myself over it, especially now that the "noise" I discovered turned out to be a leak :( I am taking it back to him in a couple days, and I was wondering if you guys had any advice that I could tell him so the leak doesn't re-occur during the reinstall. Also, do you think it would be a good idea to get (yet) another set of new gaskets, or maybe some fireseal for the gaskets? Thanks.
when i did mine i used new gaskets and used the proper torque sequence from vishnu. i had a godspeed uppipe

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
make sure those turbo mounts are off!!! that is the surest bet to have that not leak. Make sure he torques both bolts equally and uses a new gasket...none of that double gasket bs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts