Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In addition to short twisty fun roads near our hometowns, I know some of us love getting on a wide open scenic road and cruising. Just wanted to share some of my favorites. These were all in my RSX, but I'm looking forward to a Colorado/Utah drive in my new STI this fall.

Here is my favorite one: Pacific Coast Highway through Big Sur, Central CA. This was on a Tuesday afternoon in February, when the glorious highway was EMPTY. In summer, it gets jammed full of people and is not nearly as fun. It features a great assortment of ups and downs, straights, tight turns, and incredible views. It's currently closed in one spot because of crazy landslides that took out a bridge and part of the road earlier this year, but will be open soon.
Body of water Coast Sea Headland Coastal and oceanic landforms

Road Highway Coast Infrastructure Fixed link

Road Sky Highway Horizon Infrastructure

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The "Million Dollar Highway" from Durango to Ouray, Colorado, puts you above 10,000 feet for much of the drive. Huge drop-offs and no guardrails in places make this super sketchy in severe weather, but nice and fun in early Fall.

Mountainous landforms Mountain Wilderness Nature Highland

Road Highway Mountainous landforms Asphalt Mountain

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.